| 1 |

Will POV

I smiled down at the name on my forearm. Niccolo di Angelo. My soulmate. The person that's caused me so much trouble. My parents have been forcing me to go to all the different kingdoms and see if there was anyone of that name there before I inherit the throne. There were none. It was like he didn't exist. But he did, he must, otherwise I wouldn't have the tattoo. I was starting to get a little worried. I needed to find my soulmate so we could rule together. Only soulmates could rule alongside each other because they are able to understand each other and support one another better than any one else. If I didn't meet him, I couldn't become king, and everyone would be so disappointed in me...

"William!" My sister snapped her fingers in front of my face for my attention. My head shot up to look at her. She had an amused expression on her face and looked like she wanted to laugh. 

"W-what? Sorry." I stuttered. Kayla rolled her eyes and pointed at my half-finished plate. 

"Stop daydreaming about this Niccolo di Angelo and eat your dinner." Austin snickered at her words from beside her. 

"I'm not daydr- you know what? I'm not even going to try this time." I sighed, taking another bite. 

"Good choice." Kayla said, smirking victoriously.

"So, Will, your birthday is coming up, correct?" Dad asked in between massive bites. He's been getting better at being a good dad, but sometimes it's hard to forget my childhood with two absent parents. My mom was too focused on ruling to even try being better right now, so I was grateful for him. 

"Yeah. Next week." I told him. 

"What do you want to do for it?" He asked me. "I'll pay for it. Anything you want." I knew this was his way of trying to make up for the past almost 17 years, so I decided to accept the offer. 

"Um, I don't know." I thought for a minute before an idea popped into my head. "Can I take the boats to Delos?" I asked excitedly. Delos was where my father and aunt went a lot when they were little. We went once when I was 8, and I had fond memories of it. It was the one place where my parents acted like parents and not king and queen. I wanted to experience that again. 

"Done. We'll go this weekend and spend your birthday there." I smiled and nodded. 

"Sounds great, Dad." I told him. He smiled back, seemingly relived. My mom groaned. 

"Apollo, we can't spend money on such things. We're already one of the poorest kingdoms with all the shipwrecks lately. What if William gets into one, huh? We won't be able to handle 3 of our heirs dying, they'll make some story up about us being bad luck! No, we need to keep him safe at all costs." We all saddened at the mention of my brothers. Michael and Lee died when I was 13 and 14, and it had left the palace depressed for years. We only recently started to get back to normal. Of course, Michael and Lee weren't my mothers, or else she would've thought twice about mentioning them like that right now. They were from my dad's many affairs. I was the only one that was actually hers. Lucky me. 

"Naomi...it's his birthday. You know he never asks for much. Let him have this." Dad tried. Mom didn't budge. He sighed. "What if we brought back things we could trade from other kingdoms? That would increase our money supply. We could count it as a business trip so the people don't think we're slacking off." Mom hesitated for a minute. 

"Fine. But no longer than a week." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. 

"Thank you so much, Mom!" I said excitedly. I finished my food quickly and got up after excusing myself. I went out to the front of the castle, onlooking the beach. It was the most peaceful area of the whole kingdom and it seemed like I was the only one that knew about it. Well, me and my dog, Dodona. Sometimes I swear I hear something from the water, but I don't think much of it. It's probably fish or something, swimming around, enjoying the peace. It was sunset at the moment, and it was beautiful. 

Dodona came up to me and I scratched his head. He wagged his tail and jumped around the beach, loving it just as much as I do. I laughed at his antics and looked over the water. The reflection of the sky made it look like something out of a fairy tail. Something caught my attention from behind one of the rocks and I glanced over, but it was gone as soon as it arrived. I must have imagined it. I sighed, taking in the beauty of this view. Both Lee and Michael loved the ocean, it was one of the very few things they could both agree on. I guess that's why I loved it too. It reminded me of them. The good memories we've had. I really missed them. We all do. 

Well, everyone except my mom. It just meant that Apollo could spend more time with her. They were soulmates, and I knew they loved each other, but Mom could get really jealous and possessive really quickly. She always treated Lee, Michael, Kayla, and Austin like they were strangers to her, instead of her stepchildren. I guess I couldn't really blame her. Dad almost ruined their whole relationship before they even met. Luckily, he was smart and didn't actually kiss any of the girls (or guys) he had relationships with. Then, they never would have met at all. If you kiss anyone but your soulmate before you meet, you'll never meet them. Usually, people take this to mean that you can't have relationships if you want to meet them, but others, like my dad, bend the rules a little bit. My mom doesn't really like that aspect of Apollo. Especially when she found out about Kayla and Austin, who were a few years younger than me. 

I really hoped my soulmate would be happy with me. And me with them. I hope I can be happy again someday.