| 21 |

Nico POV

Someone knocked on my door, interrupting me trying to hold tears back. I got up hesitantly and opened it. It was my dad. "Niccolo, I understand you're very upset about this and I don't like that. It was never my intention, I just wanted to keep you where I could watch you and keep you safe, but I went about it the wrong way. I talked to William and we made a compromise. He swore on the Styx that he would protect you to the best of his ability if I made you human." My eyes widened and my heart raced excitedly. "If you touch Underworld water, you will turn back into a merman until you dry yourself off. Unfortunately that is the best that I could do since you are the prince here." For the first time in a long, long time, I hugged him. 

"Thank you! So much. I..." I hesitated. I didn't even remember when the last time I said it was. "I love you. I'm sorry about going up to the surface, but I just...I feel drawn to it. I always have and it's not even about Will being there. I mean, some of it is, but most of it...I don't know. Curiosity, I guess? I've never been able to explain it. But thank you. For understanding." I hugged him tighter before letting go. Neither of us really liked physical contact, but we ignored the panic-y feeling just this once. He looked shocked. 

"I...I love you too, Niccolo. I'm sorry I don't tell you that more." 

"I'm sorry too." We stood in awkward silence for a bit before he spoke. 

"I'll transform you tomorrow, but I was hoping we could have one last day to spend together. I will miss you, my son." 

"I'll miss you too. I actually missed you a lot when I was up there. I'll definitely come visit, don't worry." He smiled, which in itself was surprising but then he said something that I would never have expected would come out of his mouth. 

"Why don't we go up to the surface and have a father-son picnic, since you like it so much. I want to try and understand." I stared at him in shock, my jaw dropped. 

"R-really?" I asked, just a little louder than a whisper. He nodded, though I could see the hesitant look in his eye. "Thank you! Let's go!" I grabbed his arm and pulled us up to the surface. He had apparently already set everything up since there was a huge variety of food on the beach on top of a blue blanket. I laid down on the beach, my head and top of my back being the only thing out of the water. He did the same next to me. 

I saw movement in the corner of my eye and I turned to see Bia in the shadows looking at us. "Hey, Bia. You okay?" She looked nervous. Her eyes widened when I spoke. Father looked over at her and froze. I looked at him confused. "What's wrong?" I asked him. 

"Bianca..." He whispered. My jaw dropped and I looked back at Bia. I had never seen any pictures of her since my father destroyed them all, but I never realized how much like me Bia looked. How much she looked like my father. 

"You're...your Bianca. You're my sister." I said to her. She paused for a second before slowly nodding and coming over to us. 

"Do you mind if I join you two? I think we have a lot to talk about." She said. My father snapped out of his haze and nodded, gesturing to in front of us. She sat down in that spot. 

"You're alive..." Dad whispered. "Maria?" Bia nodded. 

"She's alive too." We heard a gate opening and we turned to see a women with dark brown hair, warm brown eyes, and olive skin. Mama. "This is Maria di Angelo, our mom. Mama, this is Nico." Mama immediately ran up to me and hugged me. 

"Mio figlio! Mi sei mancato tanto. Mi dispiace tanto." I didn't understand what she was saying, but I hugged her back. I had only known her for the first few months of my life up until now, but I instantly loved her. 

"I hope you don't mind. I sent her a letter a few days ago when Nico first showed up." Bia (Bianca) said. "Also, there's one last thing I have to tell you. C'mere, Hazel." She gestured to a tree. From behind it, Hazel shyly walked up to us. Hazel was Bia's sister. On her dads side. Which means...

"You're my sister, too." I whispered in shock. She nodded. 

"Apparently. Bia never told me about this mermaid stuff before today. I didn't know until a few hours ago. But I'm very glad to have you as a brother." I glanced at my father, smiling, but it dimmed a little when I realized he was frozen in shock. 

"Dad? You okay?" 

"You're...you're my daughter?" He asked Hazel. Again, she nodded though a little more shyly than before. 

"Yes. My mom's Marie Levesque? The human?" 

"Wait. Dad, you were with a human who wasn't your soulmate but you wouldn't let me be with one that was?" I asked, a little hurt. He winced. 

"I didn't know until after. She was a land witch, which are very rare. She used this thing called the mist to trick the merpeople into thinking she was one of them. I know this makes me a hypocrite and you can yell at me later but right now is not the time." I nodded, definitely yelling at him at a later time, before turning to Hazel. 

"I'm glad to have you as a sister, too, even though I don't know you very well." She smiled at me, seemingly gaining confidence. 

"Thank you." She turned to our father. "Dad, I know this is probably a shock because my mom never told you, but I hope you'll find it in your heart to love me." My dad stared at her for maybe 2 seconds before smiling the tiniest bit. 

"I already have." She grinned widely and hugged him. By this point we all had tears in our eyes. I gained 3 family members in one day. In 5 minutes. 

"Well? Let's eat!" 

"Niccolo, promise you'll visit?" Dad asked, grabbing his scepter. "For your cousins, of course." I rolled my eyes. 

"I swear on the Styx I'll visit." I said. "For you and my cousins." 

"Good." He paused, looking at me. "Well, I guess this is it. Be safe, Nico. And happy. Don't let this opportunity go to waste." I nodded. 

"I promise." I said. He raised his scepter so it was facing me. 

"Well, goodbye for now, my son. I'm proud of you." I smiled and hugged him quickly before going back to the spot I was at before. Being human had made me a lot more sappy, I found.  

"Thank you, Dad. Goodbye for now." The scepter turned green and suddenly I found myself trapped in a bubble. With legs. It floated me to the surface where it popped, dropping me on the beach. Will, who seemed to be looking for me, immediately ran up to where I was. 

"Nico!!" He yelled, before crouching down so he was at my face level from where I was laying on the sand. I smiled. 

"Hi, Will. I missed you." He laughed, but it was more just air coming out of his nose. 

"I did too." He leaned down slightly until our noses touched. I sat up just a little so we were even closer before closing the distance. 

Perfect.

That was the only way to describe it. 

The butterflies in my stomach multiplied and seemed to flutter even harder. His hand went to my cheek while mine went to his waist. It was soft and short but full of affection and love. We pulled away slowly before giggling softly. I looked at my forearm and the name that was once in black was now gold. I looked back at him, smiling. 

"I love you." He whispered, looking into my eyes. I kissed him again quickly, grinning more than I thought possible. 

"I love you too." 

Thank you for reading! 

I really enjoy writing these soulmate Disney AU's so I want to make this a series. The first one was my Cinderella AU and now there is this one. I have a few ideas for more but feel free to suggest some!