| 3 |

Will POV

I looked over the ocean from the deck, admiring how beautiful the sunset was. I personally liked the daytime more than the night, but there was something about the peacefulness of the ocean reflecting the sun and the pink and orange sky. The sounds of the sea below me and my siblings talking and laughing behind me. I loved it. My 17th birthday was in 5 days, on Thursday, and this was the best way to celebrate. It will be even better once we get to Delos tomorrow. "Will!" Kayla whisper-shouted, gesturing for me to come over. "Look over here!" I went over to her and saw where she was pointing. 

"Are they...?" My jaw dropped mid-sentence as I took in the sight. My parents were playing a board game with Austin. My parents were being...parents. "Woah." 

"I know. C'mon, let's go take advantage while we still can." She hurried over to them, me quickly following. 

"Hey, you two! Come join us!" Dad said, giving us each a character piece. It was nice to spend time with them again, not that I ever really did before. It felt like we were a normal family. For an hour or so, maybe, we played and laughed and talked. But then the storm came in. I felt a drop of water on my shoulder and I looked up to see dark gray clouds crying down onto us. The lightning came fast after. The boat rocked back and forth violently as we all panicked, trying to figure out what to do. 

"Nakamura! Take the wheel! I won't let us crash!" Father shouted as he tried to hurry us inside. Ethan Nakamura, the captain of the ship, rushed over to try and steer us back on course. Unfortunately, the ship was rocking so much, he slipped and slid down the ship, hitting the rail on the other side. I got out of my father's grip and ran the best I could over to the wheel. I wouldn't let my family crash. Or any of the other people on this ship. I needed to save them. Like I couldn't save Michael and Lee. "Will! What're you doing?! Get inside!!"

I ignored my father's command and was able to grab hold of the steering wheel. I turned us around, knowing we had just passed a few islands. I led us the best I could to a small one up ahead so we could dock there. People were scurrying inside into the boat cabin, so it was only me and my father, who was trying to get to me but failing and sliding around with the current. Before I could get to the island, a flash of lightning hit the other end of the ship, thankfully away from me and my father. The boat tipped over so much that I fell and rolled all the way over to my father, who immediately wrapped his arm around my stomach from  behind, pushing me towards him. "We're sinking." He whispered in realization as the boat sank further down and down and down. He immediately got up and went down to the cabin to warn everyone. I heard him shouting as I looked for Dodona, making sure he was safe. My dog exited the cabin a few milliseconds before everyone else and I scurried over to him and picked him up. 

Nakamura was lowering the escape boats as fast as he could and people were all crowding into them. It was so chaotic that no one seemed to notice I was missing. I hurried over, but ended up slipping as the boat tipped again and banged my head on the railing. Dodona got out of my grip and was able to run over to Kayla, who immediately picked him up and got into a boat with him. I got up but at this point, the boat was pretty much fully on its side and I was able to get only halfway across before sliding back down. This time, though, the railing broke and I fell into the freezing water. 

It didn't feel cold. I didn't feel anything, actually. I closed my eyes as I sunk deeper and deeper, not even trying to swim back up, knowing I didn't have the energy. At least this way, I could see my older brothers again. It was around this time that I blacked out. 

Singing. The first thing that I heard after blacking out was singing. Beautiful, unearthly singing. Like the way you would expect a siren to sound. The first thing I felt after blacking out was a warm hand cupping my cheek oh-so-tenderly. I instinctively leaned into the touch and I heard the singing stop for a millisecond before continuing just as perfectly. I was able to open my eyes with much more effort than it should have taken to see a boy. No...an angel. An angel with soft black hair, pale porcelain skin, and warm brown eyes that made me want to write lines of poetry. 

There was shouting and the boy looked up for a second before disappearing from my view. I felt...empty without the gorgeous brown eyes in my line of sight. Now, there was just the ocean and the sand beneath me. Wait...where am I? I finally remembered the wreck. Oh gods... did everyone make it out okay?! 

"Will!" I heard Austin shout. Soon enough, the 10 year olds face crowded my vision. "You're alive!! Thank the gods." Mom came behind him and I sat up with much difficulty. "Guys!! We found him!" I heard more voices and people running over. It was my dad and Kayla. 

"Are you okay? Does anything hurt? What am I saying, of course something hurts!" Apollo asked, crouching beside me. 

"Actually...I feel...fine. Like nothing happened." I told him honestly. That...shouldn't be the case, right? I should...I don't know...at least have a headache or something! 

"You're sure? Absolutely positive?" He asked, confused. 

"Yeah. I don't know how, but I feel totally normal. Hey...um, where did that boy go, Austin?" My brother looked confused. 

"What boy?" 

"The boy. That was here a few minutes ago? Just before you came over? You must have seen him. Black hair, brown eyes, pale skin?" 

"I don't know who you're talking about, Will. You were here alone."  

"He might've been hallucinating!" Dad said suddenly. He seemed frantic. "C'mon, let's get you to Asclepius." He lifted me up in a bridal carry and brought me back to the castle.