| 8 |

Will POV

About a half hour later, I arrived at the dinner table. I may or may not have spent half that time trying to make the mess I call my hair look somewhat presentable. It didn't work. 

"Bia told me that there's someone joining us today?" Austin asked. 

"Yeah. I found him on the beach after he got in a shipwreck today. I think he's getting a bath right now. He doesn't talk so we don't know his name." I told them. 

"Another shipwreck?" Mom asked, surprised. 

"Apparently. I told him that he could stay a few days. Is that alright?" 

"Of course, son. He's welcome to stay as long as he would like." Dad said. I smiled. 

"Good." We made small talk for a while before the door to the dining room opened. Hazel and Frank came in first, followed closely by the boy. My jaw almost dropped at how gorgeous he was. They gave him slight makeup, some eyeliner and a few other things I couldn't name if I tried, all of which made his brown eyes even more beautiful. He had on a Greek robe, the traditional more outfit of our kingdom, but his was black, matching his fluffy hair. Hazel guided him to the seat across from me, which was usually empty. Austin was next to me on the left with Kayla across from him, then my parents on each side. 

The boy glanced fearfully at my family. "Don't worry, I talked to them." I said quietly so no one would overhear. "You're allowed to stay as long as you want." He gave me a tiny smile, which made me want to hug the life out of him for being so cute. 

'Thank you.' He mouthed. 

"It's no problem. Least I could do." 

"Hey, Will," Father started. "do you think the boy would like a tour of the kingdom tomorrow?" He winked at me discreetly, making me blush with embarrassment. 

"I don't know." I looked at the boy. He nodded shyly. "Yeah? Okay, I'll take you first thing in the morning." The boy made a face. I laughed. "Okay, okay. 10?" He nodded. "That settles it. I can take you to the town nearest to the castle, Delphi. It's beautiful there. Everyone deserves to see it at least once in their lives." 

Nico POV

I can't believe I'm actually human. For all my life, I've wondered what it would be like, and now I actually knew! It was a little underwhelming, to be honest, but I still absolutely loved every second. Will had been nothing but kind to me, and so had everyone else, unlike everything my dad had told me about their kind. 

One of the people, Bia, seemed familiar but I couldn't place it, so I ignored the feeling. Why would I know a human? Will and I were currently walking to my new room, him with his arm around my shoulders to help me walk, which I definitely wasn't complaining about. 

"Do you like the kingdom so far?" He asked. I nodded and smiled happily. There was just something about him that made me so insanely happy that I couldn't contain it. I've never experienced anything like this before, under the sea. 

"Yeah? Good, I'm glad. This is your room here. Do you think you'll be okay? Bia's going to come around with some pajamas for you once she's done with clearing the table. That okay?" I nodded again and sadly shifted out of his arms. I immediately started falling and grabbed the door handle. Unfortunately, I accidentally opened it and went tumbling to the floor, still holding the handle. 

"Woah! You okay?" Will crouched down and helped me up. He held me by my shoulders, checking for injuries. I put my hand to his chest, signaling that I was alright. "Sorry." He backed up a little. "You sure you're going to be okay? You don't seem to be able to stand, let alone walk." He looked at me nervously.