| 9 |

Will POV

I had fallen asleep reading about Apollo and his many, many lovers. The fact that my father was named after the god was very ironic considering how similar they really were. Both loved music and poetry, both chased after any living that could breathe, and were both incredibly worshipped because of their beauty. Unfortunately for that last one, I had the worst physical characteristics of both my parents. How would my soulmate like me, let alone a stranger that just so happened to rescue me after drowning? One in a million chance. I shook my head. I couldn't afford to think like that. I was going to let myself have fun with the boy all day, and show him my home. I really needed to come up with something better to call him. I got up from my bed, well rested, and put the book on my dresser so I would remember to put it back. I got dressed in my best Greek robe and combed my hair. I might as well try and look somewhat decent for the boy-to-be-named-later. It was only 6, so I had 3 hours before breakfast. I headed downstairs to the library to put the book back on the shelf. I noticed the boy's door was open, but I didn't think anything of it. I just remembered to get something for him from my dad's office before heading over to the door in front of it. 

I opened the library door and headed over to the mythology section which, by my request, was almost half the room. I startled when I saw the black haired boy looking at a book with a navy blue cover. I stumbled back in surprise and he looked over. Our eyes connected once again and the electric shock was back. "Oh. Hi. I was just..." I held up the book and awkwardly headed over to next to him and put it back on the shelf. He smiled shyly at me and went back to looking at the story in his hand. It was the myth of Hades and Persephone, reimagined slightly to be in the perspective of Hades, the god of the Underworld. "You like mythology?" I asked before I could stop myself. 

He looked up at me and shrugged. "Oh, one moment! I got you something." I said, digging into my pocket. I handed him the notebook and pen, and he grabbed hesitantly. "To write what you want to say." He smiled thankfully at me and wrote something down. The handwriting was a little messy, like he's never wrote anything before, or very little. He handed it back. 

I have never read any before. It said. I looked at him in disbelief.

"Really? Never?" He shook his head. I grabbed his wrist and brought him over to a nearby table. He seemed to be a little better at walking than yesterday but he was still tripping over his own feet a lot. "C'mon, you are going to read this. I love mythology personally, and I think you will too. I feel like there's two types of people, those who love it, and those who are disgusted by it. Hopefully you like it." I laid the book out in front of him and opened it to the first page. He gave me an amused look but started reading. He squinted and leaned into the book a little, a confused look on his face. It was cute, but a little concerning. "You okay?" He nodded. 

Yes. I am fine. He wrote, but continued to have that same look on his face. 

"Do you know how to read?" I knew some of the kingdoms didn't have kids go to school because they thought it wasn't important. Maybe that was the problem. He hesitated but nodded. 

I can but not good.  He wrote down. I turned the book so I could read too. It was even a little difficult for me to read, but I understood it enough. 

"Why don't I read it out loud for you?" He looked up at me and smiled slightly. 

That would be great. Thank you. I smiled fondly at him and started reading dramatically. I put on character voices that had him laughing loudly. Or wheezing loudly. I found myself wishing I could hear that laugh. Whatever happened to his voice, I hoped it wasn't permanent. For his sake, of course. I waved my arms around whenever there was an action-packed scene and grabbed his shoulders to shake him around playfully. We were both smiling so much I was surprised they fit on our faces. The book wasn't long, so it only took about an hour to read. But they boy quickly found another myth about Hades and plopped it in front of me. This one was a made-up story by an author, but I decided not to tell the boy that. 

"You want this one, Death Boy?" I asked. 

Death Boy?  He wrote, amused. 

"You seem to like Hades, Hades is the god of the Underworld, aka the dead. Seems fitting." I teased. He smacked me lightly on the top of my head and opened the book, pointing to it for me to read. I rolled my eyes affectionately but did as he asked. It was normal, hanging out with him like this. To tease him. To joke with him. To talk to him. Like we were meant to b- stop. He's not your soulmate. 

Before Death Boy could get another book from the shelves after we finished that one, Hazel came into the library. "There you two are. Breakfast is ready, and then the carriage is going to take you to Delphi." 

"Thanks, Hazel. We'll be right there." I told her. She nodded and shut the door, leaving us alone, but not before giving me a knowing look. "We should probably get going, Death Boy." He looked disappointed, but nodded. "Tomorrow we can do this again, okay?" He looked happy at that. We left the room and headed over to the dining room, where everyone was gathered, waiting for the two of us. 

"Finally." Kayla muttered under her breath.