The First Challenge

"A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself and only herself"

The first challenge went wonderfully for Viktor, and I was so proud of him. Standing there in the crowds, you bet I was pissed about the judges docking points, but Karkaroff was already yelling so I didn't want to join in. I was able to see Viktor before, giving him whatever support I could. I could tell he was nervous, but he put on a brave face.

When I wasn't cheering for Viktor, I was watching Charlie worked. He had on his trainer's uniform, which looked amazing on him, and seemed to be working up a sweat down there keeping the dragons under control. It seemed so intense, but from Charlie's face, anyone could tell that this was what he loved to do.

"May I take a photo with you?" another parent asked, and I just smiled as the camera flashed. I didn't want to take away from Viktor's accomplishment, but yet again, here were the cameras. I hated photos. I never looked good.

Yes, I was allowed to be self conscious - every woman is. No matter if she is a celebrity or not. I work hard to keep my body in shape, but there are still some things in photos that do not look good.

After the challenge, Viktor wanted to party with his friends, and I had to go back to work, so I went to the bar, where I saw Charlie.

"Hey, congrats to your brother" He said, as I sat down next to him. I smiled and nodded, as I ordered a drink.

"Thanks. Good job today. I saw you running all over the place trying to control the dragons" I replied, and he smiled at me.

"It's my job" He replied, and we clinked glasses in cheers when I got mine.

Charlie's POV

I was becoming intoxicated with her presence. I knew she would leave tomorrow and I might not see her, and that thought deeply upset me.

We talked throughout the night again, and we spent a longer time getting back to the hotel. I held her hand as we went back, or wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

I didn't want to leave. Being with her gave a spark to my heart, that hadn't been ever lit by a woman before.

"When will I see you again?" I asked her, and she looked at me.

"I don't know. Where do you work in Romania?" She asked.

"In the northern woods" I replied, as I held her hands tightly in mine.

"Well, we might be having a ball soon, would you want to come as my date?" I asked, nervously.

She grinned widely and nodded her head.

I smiled, and then took a deep breath before I leaned in and kissed her lips softly.

Before I could pull away however, she grabbed the collar of my shirt, and forced my lips to stay there. She loosened her grip on my shirt, as I placed my hand behind her head, kissing her with way more passion than before.

Its said how in movies that when you kiss a certain someone you feel fireworks? Well I felt as if I was having dragons blow fire on me. I was getting antsy, but I knew it would be bad if we went further and then didn't see each other for months. It seemed as though Arya thought the same as she pulled away, both of us breathless and staring into each other's eyes.

I slept peacefully that night, in disbelief I was feeling like life had a new purpose after living for so long in what seemed like a perfect life.