Stares

author: Hi Everyone! So sorry for the delay. I've been super busy... but here you go!

"You don't just 'catch' a girl like her. If you are lucky enough to have her, it's because she let you.

Remember that."

The next morning, Arya woke in a tangled web limbs, with unknown arms and legs wrapped around her both comfortly and protectively. Before throwing punches, she realized it was Charlie's breath on her neck, and smiled inwardly.

"Good morning" Charlie whispered, as he felt her shifting positions in his arms. Letting out a yawn, he nuzzled his head a bit into her neck.

"Good morning" She replied, getting out of bed, and stretching.

The night before had been fun, having some butterbeers and burgers with Stella and Thomas. Stella was a doll, and we got along really well. She was really friendly, down to earth, and just all around likeable. Thomas was a jokester, trying to make Charlie embarrassed, teasing him the whole night and making me laugh so hard I had trouble breathing.

After dinner, Charlie led me around the village, introducing me to a bunch of his coworkers who were around. It was quaint and a lovely walk, before we headed to bed....well not without a bit of making out beforehand. It got real steamy real quick, but nothing too far.

"Ugh just stay in bed with me. Please?" He asked, looking at me with puppy dog eyes. I rolled mine, and headed to the kitchen area.
"I'm making you breakfast" I said, smiling at him as he just smiled back.
Eventually, he got out of bed and headed to the shower while I cooked a good breakfast for us: bacon, hash browns(potatoes), fruit salad and eggs.
I heard Charlie get out of the bathroom, and looked up to see him in just a towel, which certainly had my cheeks burning. He looked...wow.
"Um...ah sorry. I forgot my clothes and..yea" Charlie stammered, as I just looked down at my cooking.
"Oh it's fine, um... how do you like your eggs?" I asked, changing the subject to get my mind off the fact he was practically naked in front of me.
"Over easy, if not scrambled? It looks great over there" Charlie said, all but running back to the bathroom to put on clothes.

"Bloody hell, you didn't have to do this" Charlie said, coming over to see what I was cooking when he finally left the bathroom. I just smiled, as he wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my cheek.
"I love cooking, it's fine" I replied, as I made two plates of food.

After breakfast, I took a shower and put on some casual clothes for whatever we were going to do today before the ball: leggings, boots, gray long sleeve thin sweater and black leather jacket.
"Ready to meet some dragons?" Charlie asked, holding out his hand for mine to grab. I nodded, lacing my fingers with his, and walked outside and through the grounds.

I could feel a lot of stares on us as we walked around, and the ones from the women were not what I was used to. Usually, there was excitement but these girls were extremely envious and glaring. A bit confused, i looked to Charlie with a raised eyebrow at the girls watching.
"Oh they're...um jealous. Some girls here are territorial" Charlie chuckled. I chuckled back, a bit uncomfortably. Charlie took notice of my subtle mood change, and wrapped an arm around me. I smiled, and leaned in closer to him as we walked through to the dragon area.

Third person POV

Spending time with the dragons, Arya followed all the instructions Charlie had given her, as eventually the dragon became comfortable enough with her so that Arya could come close enough to pet the beast.
Arya made sure to stay calm on the exterior, but inside she was beyond thrilled and excited. Her heart couldn't beat any faster.