Family Time

"Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same"- Emily Bronte (Wuthering Heights)

Arya had a few days of training before going to see her family for Christmas. She couldn't go earlier because Viktor was not home from school and the coaches wanted to do some more training.
She was sore and tired, and to be honest, all she wanted for Christmas was to see Charlie.
The couple hadn't quite talked about visiting for the holidays themselves, except for asking what they wanted gift-wise. Charlie would be at the burrow since Arya left.

"Arya!" Viktor shouted, as she landed in their family home.
It was a very large, scary castle, similar to that of the Malfoys. "Krum Kastle" people nicknamed it. It was all black with red and silver accents, and large portraits of the family line.
"Hello Arya, welcome home" her father said.
(Italics = Russian)
"Hello Viktor, father, mother" she said, kissing them all on their respective cheeks. Her parents were very formal. As a child, she was taught never to run or jump on people, unless in sport.
"How are you? How's quidditch?" Father asked. Arya smiled, as she magically sent her luggage to her bedroom.
"Well. Coaches kept me for a few days extra, as I wrote, for more intensive training. I think I will be captain soon. We have another game after Christmas" Arya said, as they all went into the living room for some whiskey, or in mother's case coffee.
"That sounds wonderful. Let me know as soon as you do so I can through a party" mother said, smiling. Her mother was very social with everyone, considering everyone wanted to be friends with the mother of the famous Krum siblings.

Aryas POV

"Of course, mother" I replied, as Father poured me a glass of whiskey. Viktor, as a man, had to pour his own.
"Speaking of parties, the annual Christmas gala  is still happening at Durmstrang for their donors and prestigious alumni- which we are both of. I assume both of you are attending, with or without dates?" Father asked, mainly looking to Viktor. He usually brought a date, whereas I had the tendency to go stag.
"Without" Viktor said, and I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.
"With" I said, surprising everyone.
"Who? Teammate?" Viktor asked, confused.
"No, boyfriend Charlie Weasley" I explained, and mother got so excited.
"Oh! How did you meet? Where does he live? What does he do?"  Mother asked.
"Doesn't his father work for the ministry?" Father asked curiously.
"I don't know, father. I met him at the triwizard tournaments when visiting Viktor. He's a dragon tamer from Romania, and was working there for one of the challenges" I explained.
"Yea, I remember him. Good guy" Viktor recalled.
"Oh that's wonderful! We need to shop for a even prettier dress for you to wear!" Mother said,clapping her hands excitedly.
"I forgot to tell him about the ball actually.. .may I go see him quickly?" I asked. I knew he was at the burrow so I guess I would surprise him?
"Of course. The ball is in two days time, so tell him he can spend the day and night as well. I need a chat with this fellow if he wants to date my perfect daughter" father said, kissing my forehead, before I left.

Nervously, I went to my bedroom to change into something nicer than my oversized sweater and leggings to see Charlie, and most likely his family.