chapter one.

Third person Y/ns Pov:

y/n is a peaceful person. She was on her last life when she moved to the forest. You can't die of old age, so she had to be killed to lose her last life. This was her five hundredth year in the forest.

(Lol extroverts won't read this. They will be too busy looking for a party to read Wattpad. I'm an introvert and alone forever sounds good for me.)

People didn't like y/n. apparently a few bad witches made the rest of them look bad. OH, yes. y/n is a witch. A good one I must add, if you don't count the clumsiness. Lucky she's a which otherwise she would of broke all her bottles a long time ago. But if she weren't a witch she wouldn't be on her last life, also she wouldn't need potion bottles.

y/n also had the biggest book collection in the world. It was bigger than the library of congress which has 1,800 books at the least. Hers was closer to 129.864.880 books though. She had read every book multiple times. Her pet cat, Chara, always would go into town and steel books (introverts dream).

She started to brew her potions, a strength potion, for her animals.

She filled up the Coldren and started. cow blood, oak root, spiders' eye, and rotten flesh. She picked up her staff, waved it over the Coldren to start the process. The red stone glowed a deep maroon and made the potion look like someone had put glitter in it. That meant it was ready.

She went down into the farmyard and started to pour a bottle's worth into each paddocks water space. The animals each made a noise of gratitude and went to drink happily. She smiled at them and went back into her house. She then headed to the kitchen to get a:

soft furry blanket, a hot chocolate, a book candle, cookies and then went to the library. She looked through the isles after setting the stuff onto a pile on the couch. She was looking in the history isle. It was the most interesting. She saw her cat Chara sitting on the shelf with a new book. You gasped in excitement. You took the book and read the cover. The art of war.

"Who did you steal this from pussy cat." (I see you dirty minded people. You have been caught. Be unpredictable and run away from the dirty minded police.) she purred at me at looked up. Those guilty eyes disguised as innocence could fool anyone but y/n. you raised your eyebrows as she meowed a meow of satisfaction. I took the book and went back to the couch I the book hubby. She spent 4 hours reading in the library with her hot chocolate.

This was her happy place. Where she read till sundown after she finished the book, she put it back on the shelf and walked back up the stairs to her house. It was a quaint house made entirely from oak wood and stone. The library was under the house and took her forever to dig out. It was worth it though to see the books neatly stored.

She went to the kitchen and started cooking some goulash soup. (it's a Hungarian delicacy that I love and know about because I am Hungarian.)

This is the recipe she used (one of my own recipes with a bit of tweaking):

Melt the or butter/oil in a Dutch oven or other heavy soup pot over medium high heat and cook the onions until beginning to brown, about 7-10 minutes. Add the beef and cook until the beef is just starting to brown, 7-10 minutes.

Add the bell peppers, tomatoes, and garlic and cook for another 6-8 minutes. (Note about peppers: Outside of Hungary it's very difficult to find the peppers they use there. The best ones to use in their place are red and some yellow/orange. Avoid regular green bell peppers as they have a starkly different flavour profile.)

Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the paprika, salt, pepper and caraway (if using) (note: paprika becomes bitter if at all scorched).

Add the beef broth, bay leaf, return to the stove and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Add the carrots, tomatoes and potatoes. Return to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, cover, and simmer for another 30-40 minutes or until the beef is nice and tender. Add salt to taste. Remove the bay leaf. (If you are vegetarian just don't add the meat it will taste good as well but with the meat it tastes better. Do whatever you're comfortable with.)

She wanted to accompany that with some lemon souffle, so she got the ingredients, and this was the recipe she followed for the souffle.

Pre heat oven to 200deg Lightly grease 2-3 individual souffle dishes and coat base and sides with the extra sugar, melt butter, add flour and cook for 1 min, stirring constantly. Add milk and stir to combine, until mixture boils and thickens slightly Remove from heat. Stir in egg yolks one at a time. Add 1 Tbsp sugar, lemon rind and juice. Stir until well mixed. Beat egg whites, until soft peaks. Stir 1Tbsp sugar until stiff peaks form Mix approx. 1/4 of egg whites into lemon mix (this helps loosen mixture a little.) Gently fold the remaining egg whites in. Divide evenly into prepared dishes. Cook for approx. 12mins or until risen and puffed up Dust with a little icing sugar.

She was proud of her work. She believed herself a great chef in her cooking venture for today. She went over to her table and started to set her table. She set out one bowl for the soup and one glass for her milk. She grabbed soup and pored it out into the fancy bowl. She got the milk jug ans pored some of that Aswell. She set out one of the souffle so that she could save the others for another time.

She ate the soup first. It melted on her tongue to feel like meted gold. The beef and the paprika mixing with the bell peppers and the garlic, you could taste the tomato in the pork lard broth. It was so beautiful in you moth that it hit right home, where your father slaved over the stove for hours after the recipe was done so that it could stew, and all the ingredients could seep into each other. It made you wanna cry.

After you finished your soup, you went on to the souffle. The way it melted on your tongue made you so happy. The lemon mixed with that glass of milk just sat on your tongue and danced on your tastebuds.

After dinner you went to the kitchen to clean up the mess you made. You put the food into storage for another time. You put the dishes in a water bucket and cleaned them off. After that you stored the dishes un the cupboard they belong to and put away the ingredients you used.

You packed away the table cloth and put away the table. Then you went putting candles out and picked up Chara who purred sleepily in your arms. You went to your bedroom and lay down. As you felt your head hit the pillow soft as clouds and your bed shits hit your body silky as the ocean. You felt yourself drifting off into a dreamless sleep, while the thunder boomed outside.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey you legends,

Just wanted you thank you for reading the first chapter of my new book. If you have any requests for this book, just ask and I will do my best to add them.

 If you have any requests for this book, just ask and I will do my best to add them