The run in

"I swear to god you look sexy as hell!"
I look myself up and down for the millionth time trying to believe it myself.
"If you don't wear it I will."

"Fine! But I'm wearing my converse." I say as I grab them out of my closet.
A black silk mini dress with converse, it's a look right?

"Okay and if a guy asks to buy you a drink what do you say?" Kat asks as she curls the last couple strands of my hair.
I love her to death and we've been best friends since middle school, but she knows I don't usually do this whole "partying" thing.

"Ummm.. No?" I say more like a question, she gives me a disappointed look and I quickly change my answer.

"The more free drinks the better bitch!" She says giving me a hug over my shoulders as I continue to judge how I look in the mirror.
"Alright get your cute ass up it's time to PARTAYYY"

I feel my stomach turn into knots as we get into the Uber.
I really don't know why I agreed to this, partying is probably on my top 5 most hated things to do.
I've been completely content in my room binge watching shows and doing crafts.
I work from home so I really don't get out much, which is the biggest reason Kat wanted me to get out of the house.
She says I've been way too depressing and she can't watch me eat my weight in ice cream as I watch my favorite rom coms over and over.

"Earth to Y/n" I hear Kat say and am instantly pulled out of my thoughts.

"What? Sorry.. what did you say?"

"I was asking what bar we should go to first.. I heard downtown Los Angeles has like some of the best bars and party spots."
I think for a minute and realize I have no idea what bars are downtown, she lists off a few and I just agree with the one she goes on and on about.
"I heard Harry Styles was there once!"

She squeals in excitement "thank you for doing this, I couldn't let you sit in your room and do nothing again.. please just try to have fun okay?"
I can see how excited she is that I'm with her, and it does make me happy to be doing something.
I just hope my anxiety doesn't get the best of me.

____________

I step out of the Uber and onto the busy Los Angeles side walk.
Immediately there's an overwhelming amount of music and smells happening.
I feel Kat grab my hand and start to drag me down the street, my mind racing with every bad scenario that could happen.

"What's going on" I ask as we suddenly stop.
I see cameras flashing and hear people screaming someone's name but there's too much noise to make out what they are saying.

"Stay close!" Kat yells as we go deeper into the mess of people.
I hold my hand up to my face trying to avoid the flashing from the cameras.

"Nicholas over here!" I finally hear the name they are yelling, I'm in the middle of a mob of paparazzi and Kat is no longer holding my hand.

"Kat!" I yell, quickly realizing there's no way she could hear me.
I'm being pushed in every direction and my heart is pounding in my chest, I try to control my breathing but I'm already panicking.
Suddenly I feel the cold ground, I try to get up but everyone around me keeps moving not even realizing I'm on the ground.

"Are you okay?" I hear a thick British accent and open my eyes, not knowing I had closed them.
I nod my head and he helps me up, his body guards surrounding us keeping the paparazzi away.
He's still holding my hands and I finally get a good look at him.
It's Nicholas fucking Galitzine, just the biggest heartthrob ever since Red White and Royal Blue came out... no big deal.

I realize I haven't said anything and quickly respond "I'm okay! Thank you for basically saving my life." I say and he laughs a little.
Did I just make Nicholas Galitzine laugh?