The Date

"You okay in there?" The toilet flushes and almost immediately I hear her throwing up again.
I'll take that as a no...

I start to make some toast knowing it's the only thing she will eat all day for a hangover.
I feel my phone buzz and quickly check my messages hoping it's Nick.
It's an unknown number and I squeal with excitement opening the message immediately.

What are you doing
Tonight?

Oh.. it's Nick
By the way 😊

I am actually
fully booked tonight
lots to do...

🥺

Okay fine
I can't say no
to that face 🥹

I'll pick you up
at 6!

I physically jump with excitement and almost knock the toaster over, how can this be happening?

"What are you so excited about?" Kat asks as she sits at the breakfast bar..
"Oh I also had the craziest dream that you and Nicholas Galitzine are a thing." She laughs as I hand her some toast.

I give her my phone and she reads the texts.

"No fucking way.. IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! How drunk was I??"

"You were wasted" I say laughing "you were also touching his face in the car when he drove us home and asked if we were going to fuck."

She slams her head onto the table and mumbles something which I can only assume is how embarrassed she is.

"It's okay, he thought you were funny." I say reassuring her.

"I can't believe you are going on a date with Nicholas Galitzine, weren't you just watching that Red Blue and Royal shit the other day?"

"Yeah... don't even look at my tik tok, it's literally just edits of him."
She steals my phone again and scrolls through tik tok.

"Shit you weren't joking." She scrolls some more and then I hear her gasp.

"What's wrong?"
She turns the phone to me and I see a video of Nick and I from last night, he's holding both my hands in the middle of the paparazzi.
"Fuck... what are people saying?"

"Basically just wondering who you are, if you guys are dating.. a lot of people are saying you're pretty so I won't have to fuck any bitches up at least." I roll my eyes and take my phone.
I watch the video over and over and the way we are looking at each other in this quick moment makes the butterflies in my stomach go wild.

__________

"Did he say to wear something comfortable orrrr"
Kat asks as I go through my closet.

"He didn't say!" I'm stressed at this point, I just want to look perfect.

I feel the energy shift as Kat sits on my bed, I know the look she's giving me and I can tell she's going to get serious for a minute.

"Are you going to tell him?"
I keep looking through my closet trying to avoid the conversation.

"I don't know.."
and to be honest I actually didn't know...
Do I really tell the guy I like what happened to me, especially on our first date?
And what I did to myself after...