The Visit

Everything couldn't be more perfect.
Nick and I have officially been together for two months tomorrow, and I can say it's been the best two months of my life.

He wrapped filming for 'The Idea of You' and has been doing some press teasers for its release.
He took me to a Vogue party which was insane! The love and support from his fans, friends, and family has been amazing.
Everyone is so happy for us and the headlines in over a dozen magazines are calling us the new power couple.

I would be lying if I said it wasn't stressful at times, and that my anxiety has been fine.
It's definitely difficult to be in the public eye all the time, but Nick makes it easier.

All in all life has been pretty amazing lately, no complaints here.

_____________

"Okay I will make sure those transcripts are sent over immediately." I finish my phone call with my boss and notice I have three missed calls from Nick.

I quickly call him back and he answers almost immediately.

"Hey babe, sorry I missed your call..." there's a pause for a moment and I hear him sniff his nose, his breathing irregular.
"Nick... what's going on are you okay?"

"I don't know..." his voice breaks for a moment.
Was he crying?

"Baby you're scaring me... come over okay?"
I wait for an answer but he hangs up.
I try to call him back but he doesn't answer, I text him a few times and he reads them but doesn't respond.
I feel myself start to panic and think of what could've happened.

I'm pacing in the kitchen debating if I go to his apartment or not, he lived closer to Hollywood which was a thirty minute drive from here.
I decide to go and quickly grab my keys.
I head to the door and as I'm opening it I hear a quick knock.

It's Nick.

His eyes are red and puffy and I can tell he had been crying, he looks at me and I immediately throw my arms around him.
I hear quiet sobs and he tightens his arms around me.

"Hey.. it's okay, you're okay" I say trying to calm him down.
We go inside and I take him to my room, he sits on the bed and stares at the floor.
"Nick... what's going on?"
I rub small circles on his back and feel him relax a little.

"It's my Dad.." he says quietly.
I feel my heart sink not knowing what he was going to say next.
"He... he has cancer.." his lips tremble for a moment "it's terminal."

I didn't know what to say, what could I say to possibly make him feel better.
His Dad was dying... there's no way to make anyone feel better about that.
I lay with him for hours until he finally falls asleep.
My heart is breaking for him, but I knew there was one thing I could do.

I go to Kat's room and peek through the door, she was writing in her journal and listening to music.

"Hey bitch what's up?" She looks at me and knows there's something wrong.
I go to sit with her and tell her what happened.
She's in just as much disbelief as I am.
"How is he now?" she asks concern in her voice.

"He's asleep, but he's not talking much. I think he's just trying to process what's happening."
I think for a moment and tell her what I want to do.
"He needs to see him, if I could just get his Moms number I could plan it all."

" you're probably the best girlfriend to ever exist you know that?"

All I knew is that he needed to be with family right now, and I was going to make that happen.

____________

"I have some food for you, are you hungry?"
Nick nods and I take him the food.
He's been with me for the past couple days, which has been nice. I wouldn't want him to be alone.