Prologue

seven by Taylor Swift

* * *

Knock knock

Arabella looked up from her drawing and towards the front door of her family's two-story house. She stood up from her chair at the dark wood dining table and ran to the tall front door.

"I got it!" she shouted as loud as her nine-year-old voice could go. She reached for the doorknob and turned it, pulling the door towards herself.

"Hey!" Cedric exclaimed with a large smile on his face. Fred, George, Ron, and Ginny stood next to him, grinning.

"Bella," Fred said to the brown-haired girl in the doorway, "Get Theo, and you can bring Betty, too. Come on, let's go!"

"Where are you guys going?" Arabella's mum, Mrs. Sallow, asked from behind her.

"We're going to go play in the field," George gave a half smile and nodded to the large field with tall wheat-coloured grass that filled the space between the Weasley's, Sallow's, Lovegood's, and Diggory's houses.

"Can I go, mummy?" Arabella looked up at her mother and gave her an eager smile.

"Of course," she smiled, "Get your shoes on and I'll tell your brother and sister."

Bella turned to the door and held up her pointer finger. Then she picked up her shoes and sat on the floor next to the door, pulling them on as fast as possible.

"Hurry up, Arabella," Fred rolled his eyes as the five kids walked inside the cobblestone house.

Arabella looked up at him and stuck out her tongue. George, Cedric, Ron, and Ginny laughed while Fred crossed his arms over his chest, sticking out his tongue as well.

"Are we going to get Luna?" Bella asked, looking up at the boys in front of her.

"Sure," Fred said.

"Yay!" Betty, Arabella's six-year-old sister, came running into the room and grabbed her small black shoes. Bella's mum sat her down on the floor and helped her get her shoes on, tightening the buckle over the top of Betty's foot.

Betty, Luna, and Ginny were all the same age and they lived close to the Sallow's, making it hard not to become friends with them.

"Theo! We're leaving!" Arabella shouted, looking up the stairs as she jumped up from the floor.

"Coming!" Theo ran down the stairs, his shoes already on.

"Come on Betty," Bella grabbed Betty's hand and all of the kids walked outside.

"Be safe!" Mrs. Sallow shouted from the doorway as the kids walked towards the field.

"We will, Mrs. Sallow," George yelled over his shoulder, getting ready to race Fred from the edge of the lawn.

"Want to say 'ready set go', Betty?" Fred turned around and looked at the small blonde girl.

"Yes!" she squealed, "Ready... Set... GO!"

Fred and George shot off into the tall grass as Betty and Arabella giggled behind them. Theo and Ron started to run after them and all you could see were the back of their heads.

"You're boring Cedric," Arabella sighed, walking into the grass beside him, Betty's hand in hers.

"Why? Because I don't race the other boys?" Cedric chuckled, "I'm too old for that."

Cedric was nine, only two months older than Arabella and a few months older than the twins. 

She sighed, "You're only two months older."