Chapter 2

Teenage Dirtbag (2020) by Wheatus

* * *

"Please be safe," Mum tells me, holding both my shoulders, "They still haven't found out who conjured the mark."

"I will be," I give a hopeful smile and pull her into a hug, "Hogwarts is one of the safest places on earth."

"I know," she lets go of me and walks to say goodbye to my siblings, her blonde hair blowing behind her.

"Have fun," my dad smiles, pulling me into a hug, "Don't go running off with any boys."

I laugh, "I won't."

He smiles and I wait for Theo and Betty. When my parents are done saying goodbye, we start to walk onto the train.

"We love you!" my mum shouts and I turn around and wave.

"Love you!" I shout back.

Before I can even get on the train, a hand wraps around my wrist and pulls me into a hug. I know who it is the minute I am close enough to smell her perfume.

"Angelina!" I exclaim, hugging her back, "How was your summer?"

"Great," she lets go of me, "How was yours?"

"So fun," I sigh as we start to get on the train, "We went to the Quidditch World Cup with the Weasleys and the Diggorys."

"I always forget you guys are neighbours," she sighs, opening an empty compartment door, "I'm so mad I couldn't go."

"It was so cool to see the Irish win. But Harry almost died."

"Oh yeah, he's a Bulgarian fan," she rolls her eyes.

"No, I mean yes, he is, but he literally almost died," I tell her.

The compartment door opens and Alicia Spinnet comes in, a smile on her face.

"What are you talking about?" she settles in the seat next to Angelina, looking like she is ready to drink up all the drama.

"How Harry almost died!" Angelina exclaims.

"Shh," I lean over and shut the compartment door that Alicia left open.

"Wait, what?" Alicia's happy expression leaves her face as she realizes the best seeker we've ever had on the quidditch team had been in danger.

"He's fine now, we found him," I assure them, which doesn't seem to help, "After the game, Death Eaters came."

"Death Eaters?" Angelina looks at Alicia whose face explains her question, "Oh. His followers."

I nod, "We don't know why they were there but when we were trying to leave, the crowd knocked Harry over and he must've fainted or something. Hermione, Ron, and Mr. Weasley went looking for him, though.

"And apparently, Harry's being blamed for the Dark Mark that showed up in the sky afterwards. He says he saw someone else do it, but I wasn't there so I don't know."

"That's crazy," Alicia sighs and leans back in her seat.

"I know," Angelina glances out of the clear compartment door as Fred and George walk by.

They catch my eye and smile, Fred waving. I give them a small smile in return.

"You're lucky," Angelina says.

"Huh?" I turn to her.

"Your families being friends," she clarifies and I realize she's talking about the twins.

"You like one of them, don't you?" Alicia giggles.

"No..." Angelina tries to hide her smile.

"Angelina! Which one?" I start to get excited as she blushes.

"Fred," she mumbles.

Alicia and I begin to laugh and Angelina hits our arms, telling us to stop.

"I have an idea," Alicia exclaims. Then she points to me, "You guys are friends-"

"Sure," I mumble sarcastically and Alicia glares at me.

"Bella can help you and Fred get together," Alicia finishes.

I look up. I think about it for a second and then smile, "Great idea."

"I know," she smirks, flipping a piece of her dark hair, making me and Angelina laugh.

"But don't make it weird," Angelina sighs, "Or awkward. Or too obvious that I like him."

"I won't," I chuckle as the train starts to move.

I lean my head on the window and watch the station flash by, then disappear as we go into a tunnel.

* * *

The train squeaks to a stop as Angelina complains about her younger brother. Alicia stands up and opens the compartment door, urging us to follow. We stand and make our way through the crowded aisle and onto the platform.

As I step off the train, a cold breeze blows my hair back. I take a deep breath and follow my two best friends to the horseless carriages.

Every year, we try to get to the carriages early to get on one with people we know. In our third year, we came late and had to sit with acne covered fifth-year boy and a scrawny second-year girl who was too scared to talk to us.

As we approach the carriages, I spot Hermione, Harry, and Ron getting onto a carriage and shout, "Come on!" I grab my friend's hands and we run to their carriage.

"Hey guys," I say, out of breath, hopping onto the carriage.

"Oh, thank goodness Bella saw you guys," Angelina sighs sitting next to me.

The three friends give us confused looks but Hermione shakes her head and starts asking about what classes we are going to take.

The carriage starts to move but it shakes as two boys jump on.

"Hey," George smiles, squeezing in next to Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"Didn't want to miss the party," Fred grins, sitting across from his brother and next to Angelina.

Alicia and I glance at each other and try to hide our smiles. The horseless carriage continues to move towards the castle as three different conversations happen around me.

"I've always wanted to stay in a muggle town," Fred says to Angelina after she told him that she'd gone to one during the summer.

"Yeah," George joins in, "Bella promised she'd take us one day."

I turn to him, remembering the time at their birthday party, "I can't believe you remember that!"

"Of course I do," George pretends to be sad but the corners of his mouth turn up, "You pinky promised!"

I laugh as the carriage stops and everyone starts to hop off. Our conversations continue as we walk up the steps to the large castle. The tall oak doors open and we step inside. I am immediately met with warmth and a smile creeps onto my face.

* * *

word count: 1047

A/N - finally at hogwarts!!! next chapter is gonna be so good and i cant wait for you guys to read it!!! 💋