Chapter 3

Oh Yeah, You Gonna Cry? by Lovejoy

* * *

I watch as the Beauxbatons students gracefully sit down at the small table added to the end of the Ravenclaw table. I gawk at the girls' shiny silky hair and the boys' perfect jawlines.

Alicia nudges me and points to a cute Durmstrang boy sitting at the end of the Slytherin table. I giggle and examine the rest of the Durmstrang students. I see Viktor Krum and the swarm of girls around him. One of the Durmstrang girls turns and catches my eye. We both smile at each other.

Angelina lets out a sigh, "I was really excited about quidditch this year, though."

I try to lift her spirits, "But the ball will still be a blast."

A grin grows on Angelina's face, "I guess you're right."

Meanwhile, George teases Fred about going to the ball without a date. "Looks like you'll be going solo, mate," he jokes.

"Maybe he'll ask you," I wink at Angelina, just loud enough for her to hear.

She blushes and shrugs.

All of a sudden, Ron joins the twins in their teasing. This leads to an argument about who Mrs. Weasley will send new dress robes to.

I finish my dessert and wave to Angelina and Alicia, making my way to the common room.

I tell the Fat Lady the password and enter the Gryffindor common room. In my dorm, I grab some parchment and a quill to write a letter to my parents. I tell them about the tournament, how there won't be Quidditch, and, most exciting, the Yule Ball. When I'm done, I sign the letter, seal it and send it using Angelina's owl, Suzie. I gaze out of the window as the owl cuts through the moonlight.

* * *

I blink slowly as I hear Alicia unpacking her trunk. Sharing a dorm with two girls who wake up early isn't fun. Especially when you enjoy sleeping in.

"What time is it?" I ask grumpily.

"Five thirty. Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up," she gives me a weak smile and I bury my head into my pillow with a groan.

"Why do you get up so early? Classes don't start until nine," my voice is muffled due to the pillow covering my face.

"I wanted to unpack," she tells me, "I'm more productive in the morning."

I groan again and try to fall back asleep but Alicia's loud rummaging keeps me up. I throw off my blanket and rub my eyes.

"Why don't you unpack during your free period?" I grumble, opening my trunk and grabbing my uniform.

Alicia shrugs and I look at Angelina's bed, finding it empty.

"Where's Angelina?" I pull my sweater over my head.

"She said she was going to study in the library with Hermione," Alicia closes her trunk and puts it under her bed.

I sigh, walk into our shared bathroom and start to rinse my face. I grab my makeup bag from under the sink and start to do my usual makeup. When I'm finished, I put the bag, along with Angelina's which she left on the counter, back under the sink. I brush my hair before I leave the bathroom, deciding to let it fall over my shoulders.

"Where are you going?" Alicia asks, beginning to read a book.

"I dunno," I open the dorm door and start down the staircase.

"You're one to talk!" Fred shouts.

"Oh, shut up!" George shouts back.

The twins argue in the quiet of the common room. I glance around and realize there isn't anyone else in the usually busy room.

"Who are you going to take? Arabella?" Fred laughs and I turn around to the sound of my name.

"No way," I scoff, walking towards them.

George puts his hands to his heart, as if hurt, but a smirk grows on his lips.

"You hate me that much?" he cries and I flash him a sarcastic smile.

"Yes. I'd never go to the ball with you," his smirk grows and I shake my head, turning around to leave.

"Are you sure about that?" George's voice causes me to turn around again, "I bet I can change your mind."

I give him a suspicious look, "How much?"

"Ten galleons."

I smile, "You're on."

He puts out his hand and I shake it, "I know everything about love and there is no way I'll fall for you, George Weasley."

His smirk grows into an eager grin and I start to leave.

"George, what have you done?" Fred sighs as the painting swings open.

* * *

I drop my fork and gather my things. Alicia, Angelina and I walk out of the Great Hall so as to not be late for class.

"Good luck, Bella," Ginny gives my shoulder a soft punch as we walk past her and I smile, confused.

"What was that about?" Angelina asks as we start to walk towards the dungeons for our first class.

"I have no idea," a small laugh escapes my lips as we start down the stairs.

We enter the cold dungeon corridors and start towards the potions classroom.

"Arabella!" Cedric grins as we pass him in the corridor, "I'm rooting for you!"

I glance at Alicia and Angelina and give Cedric a weak thumbs-up.

"What is going on," I start to laugh again, worried I'm going crazy.

We reach our potions classroom and I glance at the group of sixth-year Gryffindors. Most of them are looking at me and I make awkward eye contact with a few of them.

"Why is everyone staring at you?" Alicia looks at the group of people outside of the classroom.

I watch Henry Smith walk up to George and say something to him. Fred, who stands next to George, struggles to hide his smile. George's nose scrunches up and he says something back. When Henry walks away, George asks Fred something I can't hear and when Fred replies, George seems shocked and Fred can't contain his laughter any longer.

The bell rings above and we walk into the cold classroom. I sit down in my seat and get my book out of my bag. I put it down on my desk and turn around.

"George, what's happening?" I whisper as he gets his book out.

"What?" he looks up at me.

"Everyone is telling me 'good luck' and 'I'm rooting for you'," I tell him, glancing back at Professor Snape.

George smirks and points across the room to Fred, "It's his fault. He told everyone about the bet."

"And they're choosing sides?" I snort which makes him snicker at me.

"I guess so," he winks and I turn around as Snape begins to give directions.

"I'm pretty sure they're betting on who's going to win," he whispers from behind me and I glance back, being sure to not let Snape see me talking to George.

"Well, good luck," I tell him with a smirk.

"I don't need luck," he says as I start to take notes.

* * *

word count: 1150

A/N - let the games begin!!