Chapter 5

Wannabe by Spice Girls

* * *

I slowly open the door to my dorm. It creaks causing Alicia to sit up.

"Sorry," I whisper tiptoeing inside.

"I wasn't sleeping," she says loudly, shining a bright light with her wand.

"Alicia," Angelina covers her eyes to block out the light as she sits up.

"Sorry, were you sleeping?" Alicia tries not to laugh.

"Yes, I was," Angelina grunts.

The two of them stare at me as I walk over to my bed.

"Wait," Angelina stops me, her eyelids droopy, "Where were you?"

Alicia's eyes narrow, "And why are your cheeks all red?"

"I went to Hogsmeade with George," I sigh, "Sorry, I should've told you."

"And you kissed him," Angelina rolls her eyes, "I knew you'd lose the bet."

"Angelina!" I exclaim, "I did not kiss him! Why would you think that?!"

"You do look all flustered and red," Alicia shrugs.

"We almost missed curfew and we had to sprint here," I shake my head and start to laugh, "And the only reason I went to Hogsmeade with him was because we agreed we'd just go to have fun. Not because I'm in love with him."

"That sounds suspicious," Alicia eyes me as I take off my shoes.

"It's not," I can't help smiling, "I had fun, I won't deny that, but nothing romantic happened."

"So why did you stay out so late?" Angelina pulls the covers up to her chin.

I try to hide it but my grin grows wider, "We got food at The Three Broomsticks and talked for like two hours."

Angelina grunts and throws the blanket over her head. "Turn off the light, Alicia."

"Fine, but I'm not dropping this," Alicia turns out the light at the tip of her wand as I crawl in between my sheets.

* * *

"What's going on?" Fred pushes into the transfiguration classroom, George following behind him.

"No idea," Alicia shrugs.

The chairs in the usually organized classroom are pushed to the side and the room is empty beside a large phonograph that the caretaker, Filch, stands beside.

McGonagall walks into the room and the Gyrffindors scuffle to find a seat.

I place myself in a chair next to Alicia and Angelina. I glance around the room and see the twins laughing together while leaning up against one of the windows. I smile.

"What?" Angelina glances at me.

I shake my head and look away, brushing the smile off my face, "Nothing."

"Good day class," McGonagall calls for the class to be quiet. "As you know, we are hosting a Yule Ball. This means you will be learning to dance. Traditionally."

A mix of groans and excited squeals fill the air. I look at Angelina, who is smiling widely, and then at Alicia, who has her arms crossed, pouting.

"Let me demonstrate and then you may join me when I say so," McGonagall grabs Henry Smith from his chair.

Filch starts the music and McGonagall directs Henry. Giggles fill the room.

"Everyone grab a partner," McGonagall lets go of Henry and walks to the edge of the classroom.