Chapter 6

I Can't Be Your Friend by Aidan Bissett

* * *

We laugh as we run through the pouring rain back to the castle, covering our heads with our arms. The mud squishes under our feet as we run shoulder to shoulder.

"Great idea to go to Hogsmeade, Bella," George says sarcastically, laughing as we finally make it through the large oak doors and into the entrance hall.

He runs his hands through his wet hair as I wipe the water off my face. The cat in the cage he holds meows.

"It was fun, though, wasn't it?" I chuckle as we continue through the corridors and towards the common room.

"Probably the most fun I've had in a while," Alicia smiles at the twins, "We really should hang out with you two more often."

The two gingers smile and I give the password to the Fat Lady. The five of us, plus Biscuit, walk into the common room. We run to the fire and warm our wet hands and clothes.

"I'm going to go change before dinner," I tell the four, starting towards the stairs.

"Good idea," George says, "Let's go." He nods to Fred.

They walk up the stairs and I look back at Angelina and Alicia, "Coming?"

"Yeah," Angelina replies, following me.

I change quickly, finishing before Alicia and Angelina, and start to head out the door.

"Hey, wait," Angelina calls, still putting on her dry jumper.

I turn, "What?"

"Why'd you do that?" she looks at me, a serious look at her face.

"Do what?"

"Get him the cat," she turns her back to me, starting to tie her shoes.

I imagine his face, that smile that took up his whole face. I smile just thinking about him being happy.

"I wanted to see him happy."

* * *

Rain taps on the window as I rub my eyes and check the clock on the wall. Alicia changes into her uniform and I hear the water in the bathroom running, assuming Angelina is showering.

"Morning," Alicia grumbles as she struggles to tie her tie.

I groan and turn over in bed. The water turns off and Angelina walks out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel.

"Arabella! Get up!" she shouts, hitting my arm as she walks towards her dresser.

Alicia, who finally tied her tie, throws off my blanket, "We're going down to breakfast right now."

Slowly sitting up, I say, "Okay, go ahead, I'll meet you down there."

I walk to the bathroom and rinse my face with cold water, hoping to get rid of my eye bags. When they don't go away, I put some makeup on and pull half of my hair up in a small ponytail.

I change out of my pyjamas and into my uniform, heading down the dormitory stairs.

"Bella!"

I reach the bottom of the stairs and look up. George stands over me, wearing his usual smirk.

"Thanks again for the cat," he glances behind me.

I smile, "No problem."

I start to walk away but he grabs my arms. He pulls me towards him and I look at his face.