Chapter 7

I Did Something Bad by Taylor Swift

* * *

George

Her eyes widen as if she's realized something. I furrow my eyebrows and she snaps out of whatever is happening in her head. She smiles, a genuine smile like I'm the one person she wants to be around.

Except, that would never happen. Because everyone knows I've already lost the bet.

But I need to keep trying. Whatever I can do to make her somewhat fall for me is better than losing completely.

We join the rest of our friends and Fred tells me it's time. I hand Bella my sparkler and everyone watches as we start setting off the fireworks.

Two of them work, forming objects and words in the dark sky. Three of them set off a firework, but don't shape anything. The last three fizzle out and don't even go off.

"Welp, that was a bust," Fred puts his lips together and squints at the sky.

"Those two look cool," Angelina smiles, seemingly trying to lift his spirits.

I watch him as he can't help the smile take over his face. They make eye contact and he walks towards her.

"They're cute together."

I jump and Arabella starts to laugh behind me.

"Sorry," she says and I join her laughter.

We watch Fred and Angelina laugh together and Fred leans down, whispering something in her ear.

"Can I tell you something?" I turn to Bella.

"Anything," she grins, pulling her eyes away from her friend and to my face.

My eyes travel over her face, and land on her lips long enough that I hope she didn't notice – God, I want to kiss her so bad.

"Fred has a huge crush on Angelina," I tell her but can't get the image of kissing her out of my head.

"Does he?" she replies, sounding just as distracted as me.

I move my face closer and smirk at her because I can't kiss her here. Not in front of all of our friends.

"Yeah, he does," I say as her eyes travel on my face.

She leans closer and for a second I think she wants to kiss me.

"Bella!" Alicia shouts walking towards us. Her cheeks are flushed with annoyance and I assume she was trying to talk to Lee. "Where's Angelina?"

I take a step back and Arabella's eyes break away from mine.

"She was right there," Bella looks at the spot where Angelina had been standing, but neither she nor Fred are there anymore.

"Let's go inside," Alicia says through gritted teeth giving Bella a look I can't decipher.

"Help me pack up," I start to grab the failed fireworks, pushing them into a book bag.

The four of us head back to the common room, Bella and I walking awkwardly between Lee and Alicia. When we get there, me and Alicia decide to head to our dorms while Lee grabs his things and goes to the library and Arabella stays sitting on the couch across from the dying fire.

Arabella

How did I not realize that I'd fallen for him?

All the random feelings I get when looking at him or talking to him all make sense now.