Chapter 23:The Fugitive's Gambit

In one of the Hidden Sand Village's battle arenas, Naruto tirelessly practiced his jutsu. The blazing sun overhead cast long shadows across the sandy terrain. As he lunged into a series of acrobatic kicks and unleashed a barrage of shadow clones, a swirling presence caught his attention.

A Sand Village ANBU operative materialized out of thin air, landing gracefully on the sandy ground. The operative's mask concealed their identity, and their presence was both mysterious and imposing.

Sand ANBU Operative: (stoic) "Naruto Uzumaki, Gaara has summoned you."

Naruto paused, sweat trickling down his brow as he regarded the ANBU operative with a mix of curiosity and caution.

Naruto: (inquiring) "Summoned by Gaara? What does Gaara want with me?"

The Sand ANBU Operative remained silent, their mask betraying no emotion or intention.

Sand ANBU Operative: (cryptic) "You'll find out when you meet with Gaara. Follow me."

With that enigmatic message, the ANBU operative turned and vanished in a swirl of sand, leaving Naruto with a sense of intrigue and uncertainty. He couldn't help but wonder what Gaara, the Kazekage, had in store for him.

Naruto reached Gaara's office and greeted him with a friendly, "Hey, Gaara."

Gaara acknowledged Naruto's presence with a nod, replying, "Hello, Naruto." He motioned for Naruto to take a seat.

Once Naruto was seated, Gaara leaned forward, his green eyes focused. "Naruto, I think you might want to know this, so I called you."

With a swift, purposeful movement, Gaara placed a book on the desk before Naruto. It was the Hidden Leaf Village's bingo book, a compilation of information on missing-nin and rogue shinobi. Naruto's eyes fell upon a particular page, revealing Danzo's picture along with a substantial bounty.

Naruto's response was unexpectedly nonchalant. He glanced at the picture and then back at Gaara, saying, "So what?"

Gaara, initially taken aback by Naruto's response, furrowed his brows in confusion. He realized Naruto's misunderstanding and decided to clarify.

"Naruto, this is the Hidden Leaf Village's bingo book," Gaara explained patiently.

Naruto blinked in surprise, his previous indifference replaced with curiosity.

"The what?" Naruto asked, clearly unfamiliar with the concept.

Gaara took a deep breath, realizing that he needed to provide Naruto with more context. He had to choose his words carefully.

"Naruto," Gaara began, his tone steady, "Danzo is in the Hidden Leaf Village's bingo book because they believe he's gone rogue."

Naruto's eyes widened in surprise, and he leaned forward, his curiosity piqued.

"Why would Danzo be considered a rogue?" Naruto questioned, his voice tinged with both curiosity and concern.

Gaara leaned back in his chair, his gaze unwavering as he met Naruto's eyes.

"I just received news from the Leaf Village," Gaara explained. "They believe Danzo has left the village and is acting independently. He's now considered a rogue shinobi, and that's why his name and bounty are in the bingo book."

Gaara continued, his voice measured, "Naruto, I want to know, will this change your plan for revenge on the Leaf Village?"

Gaara's question hung in the air, and Naruto contemplated it for a moment. His expression grew resolute, and he met Gaara's gaze with determination.