chapter 20 - Infectious

"Do you trust me? Us?" Wednesday held Enid's hand, waiting with the wolf outside the Gates family grounds. They could hear the secrets just beyond reach, and feel the ancient blood spilled into the ground. The forest was humming, whispering secrets of the old family to them, just as it did the same for their companions. Only their wolf would have to be convinced to enter, as Amber and Tara had already gone ahead to look inside.

Enid nodded, squeezing Wednesday's hand gently. She looked up at the sky, admiring the stars and snuggling into her coat.

"Of course. I love you." Wednesday nodded, looking up at the shining sky and listening as Enid took deep breaths, apparently doing her best to Syke herself up.

"Ok! I'm ready!" Enid grinned, still holding tightly onto Wednesday's hands. She was unused to the forest, having to be led by Wednesday through the winding path. The door was held open by Amber, a flashlight in her hand that was passed to Wednesday.

"We can cover downstairs if you want, have you two look upstairs," Amber smirked at Wednesday, gently elbowing them and glancing at Enid, who looked nervous inside the dark house.

"I just want this to be quick, please. It's creepy in here." Enid held tightly onto Wednesday's hand, gripping their arm and ducking her head down into their shoulder.

Amber smiled softly, squeezing Enid's free hand.

"We'll hurry up, so you can work on some snoods for Tara and me, yeah?" Amber flashed a grin before disappearing, going off to look for Tara as Wednesday began to lead Enid upstairs.

Wednesday explored the upstairs rooms first, their flashlight lighting the way even if they didn't need it. It simply didn't hurt to have a good weapon, especially when their wolf was so scared. The rooms were dark, most kept surprisingly well for a supposedly abandoned house. They'd found it by accident, following the lead of Gomez Addams' old case files. Knowing their father was an apparent murderer, none of the proxy group was surprised, but Enid had been shaken. She seemed off the entire day, though it seemed more due to being asked if she wanted to begin courting rather than learning her new family had a murderer as the head of the clan.

Wednesday's exploration followed the sound of music, the fresh scent of lilacs and lavender tickling their nose. They took off in a run, catching themselves on the door frame and staring at the open window. With a soft growl, they took a running start and jumped out of the window, barely catching the scream escaping Enid once she made it to the door.

The wolf stared out of the window, watching as the forest shifted beside the beast of gluttony, the two forces of nature chasing after an unseen force.

"Wednesday! Wednesday, Come back!"

------

Wednesday looked down at the bound herbology teacher, she was their dorm mother, Marilyn Thornhill.

"You're clever, hiding in a school of outcasts as a normie. Pretending to work with them, and using their underestimation to your advantage." Wednesday found torture to be intimate, an act of greed between the body and mind, an act of sadistic pleasure where no physical touch was required. Most thought of it as more of an act, a way to achieve their goals. It had to be used as a proper outlet, a way to achieve goals and create art in your work.

"Wednesday please, let me go! It's me, your dorm mother!" It was smart, hiding out with your previous life presumed dead.

"Did you know Marilyn, how I knew it was you?" Marilyn fought against the ropes, wincing against the coarse material and reaching for her pocket. Wednesday caught her arm, pulling her restrained hands back further past the old chair's back, making her shoulder snap and leaving her screaming from the shock.

"Lilacs and Lavender, Poisonous to dogs. It's a good thing puppy didn't eat me, isn't it?" Wednesday hummed, watching the older woman trying to twist her way out of the chair. They smiled, taking a deep inhale of the perfume, and waving the small bottle in front of her teasingly.

"Would you want me to eat you instead? I'm sure bigoted racists are a refined taste, nowadays." Wednesday blinked past the bloody saliva, wiping it with the handkerchief.

"Alright bitch, enough foreplay." Amber stabbed her knife into Thornhill's thigh, grinning as she howled and kicked her away.

"So, she being kept alive?" Amber snuck a kiss from Wednesday, the two twisting around each other and dancing as Amber moved on hazy steps, already ready for her favorite part of kills.

"Of course, it won't hurt to have a subject or two for Enid and Tara to practice on." Tara grabbed Enid's hand from where the two were hovering by the front door, Marilyn's chair in the middle of the living room with Amber and Wednesday in front of her, hiding the captive body.

"Whatever you want, as long as you treat me afterward." Wednesday rolled their eyes, giving Amber what she wanted by leaning into her touch, the two stuck in a kiss as one did not need to leave and the other refused to breathe. They fought for a moment before Amber finally let go and gasped, heaving for breath between laughter.

"Come on, I never win that!"

Wednesday pulled away, escaping Amber's hold as they picked up Marilyn and carried her body over their shoulder, walking downstairs and setting the tied chair down.

"Amber, you get Tyler. Tara, and Enid, please begin cleaning the house. I must retrieve my father from prison." Wednesday got a nod and grin from both Tara and Enid, catching the call of "I love you!" Shared between them as they walked upstairs and headed towards the door.