Imagine you are in a modern world and Obi-Wan is your adviser at university.

Imagine being in a modern world and Obi-Wan Kenobi is your adviser at university. There is nothing wrong with that... until you fall in love with him.

Warnings: well, this one does have more smut than others and maybe it's not one of my best fanfictions; it's because I wanted to try something different here—but don't worry because if there's smut, there's plot. If there's plot, there is fluffy.

Warnings 2: Do not read this if you're a minor. You have been warned.

***

You were about to defend your thesis before a small council of professors. It's been a long process researching the techniques of ancient warriors from an specific region in order to prove the theory these techniques were not exclusively medieval, but also part of the date period you were researching.

You and professor Kenobi entered in long hours discussing about it, drinking coffee and losing track of time. This soon became a habit between the two of you. Eventually, this was not about a professor and his student, but rather... friends. Yes, you could be called that.

"You have studied too hard for your exam", said Kenobi. "Besides why don't you come at my place to celebrate my birthday? Maybe this will help with anxiety. It is never good to dwell in the books too much right the day before you have an exam."

You appreciated the invitation, but hesitated. Wouldn't it be inappropriate? It was not until Kenobi casually mentioned his other student, Anakin, would be there too that you felt like going.

However, didn't you feel disappointed at him being there? Would you prefer to be just you and him?

Why would you think that? Although he was not not that much older than you, he was still you professor. He was your adviser. He was your friend.

And yet, why did you feel your body heating up every time he came around? When did your regard to Professor Ben Kenobi change?

***

Dressed in a white blouse and dark skirt, which matched your black boots, you decided to show up at Professor Kenobi's birthday party. You pretended that this was the occasion you needed to chill out—as if you couldn't relax for your exams by spending time with your friends.

You were not surprised when Anakin opened the door to receive you. He was your professor's favorite pupil, the two were like brothers. Suddenly you felt like you were intruding. Perhaps you should just leave?

"Hey, Y/N! How's it going? Come in!", he pulled you inside before you considered going back. You laughed at how joyous he was. Anakin was like a brother to you and you gladly hugged him. The two of you began this brotherhood when both of you were welcomed by Professor Kenobi as his pupils. Even though he favored Anakin, you did not mind at all.

"I'm great, Ani! Missed you this week. Heard you were approved by the council of professors, right? You are a Master now!" You beamed.

Anakin appreciated your sincerity and friendship. Likewise, he saw you as a sister. Since he started dating Padmé, the two of you saw each other with less frequency than before, but you were always messaging one another. Especially when he was having a hard time preparing for his exam.

It was good to see him there, after all, so any thoughts about before you buried deep in your mind.

"Yeah, I did. All thanks to Ben! He will be very happy to see you", he said, gleefully.

You did not know why, but you blushed lightly upon his words. Your heart raced a little bit at the thought of being there. Would he be happy to see you? Perhaps you should've excused yourself and leave? But you reprehended yourself for behaving so foolishly.