Sleeping sucks

Akali finally snapped back to reality and fear hits her again. Evelynn finally moving her finger away.

"I'm not going to kill you, yet"
the demon whispers sounding a bit annoyed at the girl's intense shaking

The last word makes her flinch. Yet. YET. Well at least she knew her fate. Was she supposed to feel reassured? She glances at Shen hoping with all her soul that this crusty grandpa was going to wake up due to that intense evil aura that even a chicken could feel.

The demon glances at Shen too, before looking back at Akali and especially her hands that are still locked on her knives. She stares at them before looking back at her eyes and smirks.

"You don't do magic, well that's a surprise" she says raising an eyebrow in confusion

Was it really that obvious? She would feel embarrassed if it wasn't one of the most dangerous demon of Ionia talking to her. She had to answer. She had to take her chances.

"...how so?" Akali says unsure of her answer, frustrated

"One of you two did, I just didn't expect it to be...him" she says glaring at Shen, still sleeping like a 60 year old drunk uncle

The girl looks annoyed by the fact that's it's the first thing she noticed even though she has worse to worry about at the moment. Aka, staying alive.

"Aww you hate it don't you?" The demon says in a teasing voice

She did. She 100% did. And she hated it even more that she knew that too. She looked away, comfirming it.

"So...you're the one that saved me that night?"

She never trembled more asking a question. The whole point of her talking with a demon was to maybe wake up Shen, but she genuinely needed answers.

"Yes it was me" she says sounding proud for some reason

"...why?"

At the same moment she said this, Shen paused his snoring and moved around a bit before freezing and sitting up. Right about when he's going to look at the two, Evelynn disappears in a rushed movement, scratching Akali's neck with her slasher, making some blood drip.

Shen turns and see the dark figure fade away and notices the blood on Akali. He gets up in a hurry, running to her.

"Are you okay?"

The girl looks at him like if he was a soldier coming to war three days after the battle.

"Jeez how can you sleep through this?" she says rubbing her neck noticing the blood on her hands

"I'm sorry?" Shen said it like if he was guessing

"Never do that again" she said before punching his shoulder and then going back to bed

Shen is not sleeping for the rest of the night which is pretty much justified. And he probably won't be so distracted again.