Walking sucks

She came back to the village looking into the void. She was done for. And she barely had time to process because the kids came running to her, crying that they had seen a very scary monster and that it almost ate them right up. Gladly no one was hurt. Akali had no idea how to start training after what she had just been through. But they were finally calmed down.

She gave them a five minutes break that turned into a 2 hour break because everyone fell asleep even Akali. But she was waken up harshly by Shen yelling her name from afar.

"God, I told you to train them not just have them nap"

She didn't even have the strength to answer him. And she couldn't anyways. She just mumbled something and fell back asleep. It was almost pathetic. And that's exactly what Shen thought. He knew how hard the day must have been for the girl. He carried her home and noticed random things had broke, the worst was that they had broke Shen's favorite vase, it almost brought tears to his eyes. He brought the kids to their parents and they instantly started telling about when they almost died in the forest.

Shen took care of the kids for the following day even though he had things to do because of how late Akali woke up. She thanked him and went back to bed without caring about anything. But she had to take care of the children in the morning. And when she got up, the kids were there. All ready to piss her off. But thank god Shen had found a way to put them in an old barn so that they wouldn't go too far and the woods would be off limits. The girl was happy that it wasn't going to be that bad but she knew she was not going to learn them anything more that the first move out of the 56 else she had to teach them. The week was going to be long, very long.

It was a long morning of her running around again and having to tell kids not to hit each other with wooden swords. But then Shen arrived out of nowhere and told her that he had a bit of free time and he could take care of them for an hour and that Akali could have a break. She was so happy she almost cried.

She got out of that old stinky barn happier than ever. She walked around in the village when she saw that a man had died last night. Probably because of a demon. But from what she had heard, he was found completely mutilated, like if he had been in extreme pain before dying. It was Evelynn's work and she knew it.

Demon killing humans is natural right? They just want to live, just as much as human do. They just don't have the luck to survive from normal things. But Evelynn was different. She had to hurt them, hurt them so bad that they'd never recover and make sure it lasted as long as possible before giving them mercy and finishing them off.

Akali should have died like this. And she could barely imagine herself dying this way. She wanted a noble death, like in battle or something. Not to satisfy a demon like her. Even though, apparently, that was why she was chosen.

It started raining which pulled her out of her own thoughts and made her realize that she was on the border of the forest again. It's like if wherever she went, she'd always end up there. And there is always a reason for her to go there. But she didn't have much to worry about. She had a really powerful demon that had picked her as her toy. Sure it wasn't great but she assumed she had protection.

Soon enough, her break was over. She came back to the barn finding Shen sitting on a barrel, the kids attentively listening to him telling stories of how he got scars. He looked at Akali and told her that he was taking care of them for the rest of the day but that she might need to go get Kennen because he was needed for a test with some students. And that made her angry not because Kennen was always annoying with her, but because once again, forest, forest, forest. He was staying at another village for some "personal affairs" as he kept saying.

And what was even worse, is that it was going to take a whole day of walking to get there. And she knew that Shen wasn't coming because of the kids and because she was now "allowed" to go alone. But she did not want to go alone. But she knew no one that would come voluntarily with her. Once again, she had to go and she couldn't do anything about it.