Kids suck

There was a lot to unpack from the last time she went in those woods. But the main point was that she had a "normal" conversation with a demon.

There wasn't much to say except that Akali was very grateful that she made it out alive. All thanks to Shen's incredibly good hearing... she was even a bit angry that he had to get up the second she asked the reason she survived the first time.

They had gotten home in the morning at light speed. The girl's neck had healed up quickly and she even got congratulated by her master for surviving that demon, twice. Even though both times she didn't really try killing her she had still made it out where no one had ever did. And that made her ask herself more and more questions. But maybe she could get some answers one day. Maybe she was going to see her again. But she shouldn't be so hopeful, after all, she did mention she was going to kill her, not YET, but she was.

She had talked a lot with Shen during the following days. Apparently now she had the "right" to go in the forest alone now. Like if she wanted to. And she clearly did NOT want to go back there. But she had to. And she was going to have to for years and years anyways. Best for her to get used to it, the sooner the better. But she had the very unfair disadvantage of her inability of using magic. And who knows, maybe one day she's going to be so confident she is going to be able to sleep in this forest without a care in the world. Like a certain person.

And that certain person always found ways to keep her busy. And this time, Shen, walked up to her with five kids behind him explaining that she was going to have to train them.

"Why in the world do want me to do that exactly?"

"They don't know magic yet and no one has time to train them so you are the only adult left"

"And how am I gonna do that?"

"You'll have to find that out yourself"

"Are you serious? You know how much I hate kids and you just bring me a whole package of them and tell me to do something about them?"

"Listen Akali, we're all busy, you're the last option, and trust me I was against it"

"They will all have at least one limb missing at the end of the day, plus they really don't look... calm" she says watching the kids already fighting with each others and going in all directions.

"Akali, I trust you on this" Shen says trying to ignore the screeching sounds from the children behind him.

The girl just rolls her eyes and look back at the kids
"For how long?"

"A week" Shen says quietly

Akali's eyes widden
"Well, tell their parents that I am not responsible for any accident that may, and probably will occur"

"But you are responsible Akali, that's the thing, you will be sentenced if anything happens to them"

"Damn it" she says looking away trying to think a way for this to not go wrong, there wasn't any.

"I have to go meet the council now, good luck" and she was going to need it.