Immortality sucks

Akali could feel that Evelynn had completly ran off. It didn't hurt her feelings at all. It was fine, she understood. The problem now was how in the world was she going to explain the reason she's now also covered in blood to Kayn. She looked around just seeing how angry Eve must have been to do all this. Akali wasn't sure why would she do that but it was done.

She could do a scene to Kayn acting like if she saw it all happen and tried to stop it and blah blah blah... It was stupid, but she didn't have any other ideas.

Kayn surpisingly believed her. He was way more dumb that what Akali thought. Or maybe the thought that she could be friends with a demon never crossed anyone's mind. And it made sense knowing how of a "good student" she was. She came home looking like she had just committed a genocide earning her everyone's stare.

----------------------
Evelynn's pov:

She hated herself for just running away like that. She hated even more the fact that she had allowed herself to get so weak. And she didn't even want to think about whatever happended with her eyes. But why did she kind of...liked it? The way Akali was just holding her was something she did not understand the point of as a demon. But it felt nice. Really nice. And why was it always Akali? The way she looks at her. The way she was barely scared of her anymore. She liked spending hours just talking to her. She...liked her?

What? No, no, no. She couldn't. There was no way it was even possible for a demon to feel that. She refused to believe it. But the way she felt around her was just screaming the opposite. Why was Akali always so nice? Why was she so understanding? Why was she so adorable? Damn it.

She couldn't let it happen but she already had. Even if she did, it was hopeless. Why would Akali even have feelings for her? Sure the point of Evelynn was too get people to love her but she didn't want Akali to love her in...that way. And anyways, a demon and a human?

Even if Akali felt the same way the joy would be short. She was a mortal. It would always end bad. Akali was going to die at some point but Eve wasn't. Immortality is more of a curse than a gift. Evelynn never cared, she loved living recklessly without even thinking that she'd even die one day but meeting someone that cant do that is torture. And she was not turning Akali into a demon just so she could stay with her. She would lose everything she'd ever knew. She didn't want Akali to feel sad, she didn't want her to be heartbroken because of her. She was selfish, so selfish to just want her all for herself forever.

She could keep listing the reasons that it couldn't work out for hours. She looked stupid just talking to herself all alone in the middle of nowhere. She was going to go insane if she kept going like that. But everything she was saying was true. She wanted to stop thinking about it but what else did she had to think about? Everything was about Akali. Everything. And she couldn't afford losing her. She couldn't keep loving her. It would hurt more than death itself. She almost wanted her to not feel the same way. So she'd just stop worrying about it. So she wouldn't have to cry again when she'll lose her forever.

She didn't want to love her and she didn't want Akali to love her back. It would hurt more than anything. It was a weak and stupid feeling. No demon should even have to feel that way. Because no demon should leave a mortal alive. Now she knew why none had ever be mercyful to a human. They knew it would be the end of them. And they were right.