Chapter 12 - If You Could Go Back

Seigaku vs Fudomine.

This match would be Seigaku's first step on their journey to the Nationals and becoming the very best they could be.

"We'll be receiving first," Kobayasu said, returning from the coin toss.

"Alright then, let's start with Formation A," Coach Hirawasa decided, crossing her arms. "We want early points in this game, Fudomine is well known for their blocks. Let's tire them out and get the first set."

"Osu!"

The girls huddled, putting their hands on top of one another. "Let's go Seigaku!" Kobayasu shouted.

"YEAH!" they cheered out before breaking apart and going to their spots on the court.

Formation A, also known as Formation Attack :

Hana | Dō | Kobayasu

Yasuko | Seiyūro | Inuka

"Hey ace," their captain called out and the ravenhead girl looked over her shoulder, raising a brow. "Ready to put on a show?"

"Yeah." Yasuko tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. "Just give it to me whenever, captain."

The two smirked at one another, walking onto the court, getting into position.

The atmosphere was tense as all eyes were on the ball being held in Fudomine's #6's hands. The first serve which would start the game. Both sides wanted that first point, to get an early start to get ahead.

The whistle blew and #6 threw the ball up into the air, hitting it with their palm and it began to head over to the other side of the net.

"Got it!" Seiyūro said as it was going towards the middle of her and Yasuko. With ease, she bumped it up smoothly to the setter-captain who was eagerly waiting for the ball. "Kobayasu-san!"

"Alright," she replied, bending her knees and extending her arms up as the ball came perfectly above her. 'Let's start with a bang.' "All yours, Sakusa!"

'What a perfectly delivered toss,' Yasuko thought to herself as she did a starting run before she jumped up. 'I feel like Kobayasu is spoiling me.' Her eyes focused on the incoming ball. 'Well, whatever.'

She spiked it down and the ball hit the side of one of the opposing blocker's hands before it flew out of bounds.

Tweet!

'She'll keep spoiling me as long as I get us points.'

"Nice Sakusa!"

"For a team that made it to the third round last year, they sure aren't that good," Neri commented, adjusting the strap of her bag as she packed up.

"T-That was brutal..." Geri muttered, looking at the large score difference.

25-10.

"Well, most of their seniors graduated last year," Hana pointed out to her sister and underclassmen as they walked off. "But that doesn't matter! We really killed it out there!"

"Sakusa-senpai showed no mercy at all," Neri replied, looking ahead of them at the black haired girl walking beside Kobayasu. Dō, Inuka, and Seiyūro were walking behind the duo, chatting it up, but the two third years were surprisingly quiet. "Well, as long as we win it's fine."

Geri and Hana nodded in agreement. "Our next game... Do we know w-who it is?"

Seiyūro looked back at them, hands behind her head. "It's either Yotsuya or Ochiai."