Part Fourteen

Warning: violent thoughts 

***********

Rhaenyra and you stood at the food table; snacking (she seemed for interested in the food, whilst you were watching your father and uncle as they chatted along with Alicent.)

"It is good to see that they are on good terms again" you grin in remark.

"Hmmm...?" Rhaenyra turns her attention toward you.

"Father and Uncle" you sigh out in response.

Taking a look at them, Rhaenyra smiles dreamingly then.

"He looks rather well, does he not?"

Knowing exactly what she was referring to; you silently side-eye her. (She and Daemon had a different kind of closeness than you and him. It did not bother you at all, Targaryen's had been marrying blood relatives for years. Their affections for one another might not seem weird to you, but to the rest of the court, it might.)

Shrugging that thought off, you turn to a much more important matter then.

"Have you decided on a groom yet?"

"Urgh..." Rhaenyra groans in frustration, glaring at you then.

"Not you too, starting with this nonsense as well?"

"It is a reasonable question" you scowl at her reaction.

"No, I have not" Rhaenyra nonchalantly responds.

"Rhaenyra..." you scoff.

"What...?" she sheepishly shrugs you.

"They are all either too young, too old or too boring."

You physically cringe at her words.

"Was it that terrible?"

"Excruciatingly" she sighs out.

"My apologies for bringing the matter up then."

"No bother" Rhaenyra shrugs it off, changing the topic then with a head tilt.

"Shall we join them?"

"You go" you shake your head.

"Suit yourself" your sister replies, heading off toward them.

"All seems to be quite jolly" Harwin remarks once stood next to you.

"Quite so" you broadly smile up at him.

"Have you spoken to her?" an eager seeming Harwin enquires then.

"She has not chosen a groom and does not seem to be bothered one bit about the matter" you sigh in response.

Harwin lets out a frustrated sigh of his own.

"So, we must wait even longer."

You rest your head against his shoulder, entwining your fingers with his.

"I will speak to her later tonight. Mayhaps, I can convince her to see reason in finally making a decision."

"I pray to the Seven, you can..." Harwin exhales with a soft groan, gently squeezing your hand.

"I am not sure how much longer I can holdout on claiming you."

"You are the one that insists on waiting till we are married" you snarkily remark.

"Do not remind me" Harwin grumbles in response.

"It seems the tides have changed" you utter out, frowning at the look of displeasure your father was giving your sister.