Reunited

The plane ride had been something of an experience seeing as the Volturi's preferred form of over sea's transport was a private jet. Not even having taken a first class seat before in my life this had to be one of the most extravagant things I had ever done, thankfully having Jane and the guy's with me helped settle some of my over stimulated excitement.

Finally reaching the ground we all made our way out onto the runway where an SUV had been parked. Having to wrestle for a moment or two Felix came out victorious whilst carrying my tussled bag to the boot. Deciding to sit in front so I could get the best view of what soon would be the sweeping countryside of Italy, Demetri came and sat beside me in the front seeing as he would be driving. 

Being settled in my seat and everyone else in theirs I turned to face the others. "So how long will it be until we get to Voltera?" Alec was the one to respond. "Two maybe three hours at most." Satisfied with my answer I turned back in my seat as Demetri started to depart from the runway and on to the main road.

Though not even a minute later Felix opened his mouth. "Why so eager Andy, any reason you need to be there so soon." I turned in my seat again to send a glare his way, although I knew it would do nothing to deter him from his coy remarks. This time I sank back in my seat already feeling the heat rising to my cheeks, in that moment Aro's face came to mind. I hadn't seen him in so long and I couldn't wait to feel his hand on mine once more.

Alec was right and the ride had indeed taken three hours, although that was mostly due to Demetri not listening to both me and Jane when I told him he had missed the exit off the main road leading out of monterotondo just outside of Rome where we had departed from. Pulling up outside of the castle Demetri turned to me when I questioned why he wasn't coming. "I have to take the car back to the garage, but I'll see you later."

Nodding along once his last few words were spoken I closed the car's door and once it had disappeared from my sight I dashed through the castle's main doors and down every corridor until I finally reached one that was familiar to me, the one that led to the throne room. Ignoring the three annoyed shouts coming from my traveling companions I kept on going until I reached the doors and with all my strength I was able to move the one on my right out of my way.

Taking a few cautious steps inside to be sure there was no trial being held, I finally locked eye's with him. Those unchanging eye's that didn't fail in reminding me of the first time I had laid my own on him. His raven locks draped over his shoulders as some was kept tied up behind his head and the pale white skin that had caused a feeling of heat to fall over me the last time our hands had connected.

My mate the same as he was the day we met all those weeks ago. My legs seemed to move on their own, with out any thought from me I drew closer to the raven haird king, as his body mirrored my own as we finally met in the centre of the throne room. As my eye's had stayed trained on his I barley noticed his hand until it lay flat against my cheek.

"Mia cara." His voice sounded like music to my ears. Without even a thought my arms moved above my chest as my legs propelled me into my mates waiting arms. "Aro." The moment I was in his arms, a sense of relief washed over me as for the first time in well over a month I felt whole in my heart.

With my mind somewhat returning to my surroundings I began to hear something coming from in front of me. Opening my eye's I saw Marcus, Didyme and Caius standing behind Aro. Releasing me from his embrace I knew Aro felt their presences as well as he set me down back on my own two feet. I offered him a smile before finally turning my attention to the three waiting vampires.

First I walked over to Didyme who immediately enveloped me in a bone crushing hug. "Hey D it's great to see you to." I spoke as she finally released me. "I've missed you Lexi, it's be hard keeping my brother normal, as it seems when he's not taking calls from you or sitting in a trial he's moping around the castle." I couldn't help but chuckle at this no doubt there was some truth in it, but I knew she was most likely exaggerating to annoy my mate, which from the look her husband was giving her I knew I was right.

Feeling a hand rest on my shoulder I knew immediately it was Aro's as a tinging sensation began to shake through my right shoulder and arm. "I have done nothing of the sort." I looked up at my mate smiling in reassurance. "I believe you don't worry." He returned my smile with slight playfulness, which I knew was reserved for Didyme. Finally  Marcus and Caius greeted me with a smile of their own and a welcome or two before I said goodbye to everyone including Jane, Alec and Felix, along with Demetri who had finally returned, as Aro stole me away promising me a surprise.

Taking me out of the throne room and down a corridor and up a flight of stairs, we now reached a hallway that seemed more extravagant than the others I had seen coming here. Finally reaching a door that seemed to be made out of entirely white oak with a few ornate flower and leaf designs, Aro reached out his hand to push against the door as he began to walk inside.

Following in his steps I made my way inside and I was immediately hit with the beauty surrounding every corner of the room. It seemed as though it had been taken from a fantasy book of some kind as light flooded in through the large double windows on the far left side of the room, catching on very spec of gold leaf that seemed to be incorporated into the same white oak dresser and bed post as the door.

Whilst gushing over the room I almost didn't here Aro. "Is it to your liking mia tessoro?" I partially whispered the next words that fell out of my mouth. "It's beautiful," turning around to face him I continued, my aww not disappearing in the slightest. "Thank you so much." He smiled down at me as he took my hand in his as the same overwhelmingly warm sensation filled me as it did the firs time we met. "My queen deserves nothing less."   

------

Sorry for the very long wait, GCSE's and transitioning to college tool it's toll on me this summer and I couldn't get myself to update any of my books. Hoped you enjoyed the chapter.