01

It's 9:00am and a black car arrives at CPD

It's 9:00am and a black car arrives at CPD. And out of it is Cynthia Grant, who went from being Delta Force to police.

She wouldn't blame people for not believing she was. Because getting into any Special Forces Unit are hard. When it comes to getting into Delta Force, you have to compete against other guys who think they're better than most of the Special Forces. It's like college entrance exams—with guns.

But Cynthia was one of those lucky ones. And boy did she had more to bring to that table. But now that she's back in Chicago, she finds herself working for her foster dad, Hank Voight. And working alongside her foster sister, Erin Lindsey.

Just like she successfully got into Delta Force, she got into Intelligence Section/21st District as a Detective.

There's a lot she missed out on. Among them being that Justin is in jail.

Let's just say that despite his father's status as an officer, Justin had issues with the law throughout his teen and adult years, notably, driving drunk and causing an accident paralyzing the other driver's son.

This resulted in a standoff between Voight and CFD Firehouse 51, over Lt. Matthew Casey's statement in which he claims Justin was drunk and caused the accident. In turn, Justin is charged with DUI assault and sent to prison to serve out his term.

When Cynthia heard this, normally she couldn't believe it. But then again, this wouldn't surprise her. She knows Hank and this sounds like something he would do. When she returned, she made a promise to not do what Hank did. Even that one case she worked with Hank on, where she met Matt, she can clearly see the tension between the two, which had her coming between them half the time.

After talking with Matt, he understood now that she is there to help find Hallie Thomas' killer. Matt's fiancé.

While our outside she met up with Dawson and Willhite.

She met and befriended Julie B. Willhite (Jules). She's very passionate about her job and well-liked by her co-workers, even her superiors. She's especially close with Antonio Dawson and Erin Lindsay, fellow members of the unit. Jules, Cynthia and Erin have a close friendship, mainly due to the fact that the trio are the only female detectives in the Intelligence Unit.

Outside of work, Jules was a loving and devoted wife and mother of two. While her job was demanding, she always made time for her family, and didn't bring work home with her.

And speaking of Detective Dawson, she gets along with him so well and she has a good friendship with him. Even goes to his gym to workout and sometimes spars with him. She's even friends with his sister, Gabriela Dawson (Gabby). She holds no grudge against him as she felt Hank had it coming. Even though she loves Hank to death, there's certain things she won't allow. And that's framing and almost killing a firefighter. She felt Justin should learn.