04

Cynthia was enjoying a meal with Hank, Erin and Justin

Cynthia was enjoying a meal with Hank, Erin and Justin. She's so glad that he's out. They're having a good time, with Justin explaining his time in prison.

"And so this brother comes across the yard. He's all skeezed out on crystal or something. And he says, he says "chicken pot pie." Like I'm supposed to know what that is, right? So my boy looks at him, points back at the block and says, "that way." Did not matter what this cat was on. He just doubles back to where he came from lickety split, you know what I'm saying?"

While Cyn lightly chuckled, Erin and Hank haven't. Grant guessed that it wasn't funny to them.

"Hey, J, listen, I got some news. Um... I had to pull some strings, but I got you in at the CTA."

Cynthia hears how much they can get paid. But she knows Justin wouldn't want to work there as the look on the boy's face says it all.

"That's where- that's where city workers send their loser relatives."

Erin adds. "It's a job. And it'll help you get back on your feet."

Justin crosses his arms, annoyed that Erin would agree with him. Even going as far as to say this. "You know you sound more and more like him everyday, right?"

"J, come on." Cyn doesn't want any drama to start. "Don't do that."

"You start Monday." Hank informed him.

And although Justin scoffed at first, he nodded his head. "Okay, pop, sure." Hank then gets a call and went to take it. Though Cyn has a feeling it's work. "Strange how things worked out, huh?"

Cyn and Erin looked at him frowning, before the latter asked. "How's that?"

"When we took you two in, you and Cyn were the problem. And now you both are the Golden Girls, and I'm The Prodigal Son."

Cyn would have references that show she watched, but she decided against it. "Well, here we are, Justin. And now you have a second chance, so don't fuck it up. Plus, I did at one point ask if you would join the army with me. You thought you were too good for it."

Justin formed a small smirk. Shaking his head. He can't believe Cynthia still remembers that. "I forgot how much of a smart ass you are."

"That's right. You forgot, otherwise you would have remembered to never put your wallet in your back pocket where someone might get it." Cynthia wickedly smiled and held Justin's wallet in her hand. The dude checked his back pocket and didn't felt his wallet in there.