05

At the gym, Cyn is working out with Antonio and Jay

At the gym, Cyn is working out with Antonio and Jay. She was sparring with the former and she blocked some of his strikes, as well as dodge some of them. And the end though, she came out on top.

She loves to sharpen her skills and hand to hand combat skills. "Not bad, Dawson. Keep training as hard and maybe you'll surpass me one day."

"Being in the military hasn't made you cocky." Dawson wasn't a bad fighter at all in Cyn's books. She certainly was smart to keep her guard up and not underestimate him. "So I heard your mom was a CI."

"Yeah she was. Helped put a lot of bad people in prison. Mostly gang members. Made the streets a bit safer. She's doing good though." Cyn replied. "How are things with your kids?"

"Diego is doing fine. Eva is still... Eva."

Cynthia nods. "Too bad we didn't invite Gabby here. Watching you two fight at that time was awesome."

"I didn't think you would bet on me. I thought you would bet on Gabby."

Cyn shook her head. "I love Gabby and all. But you are more proficient then she is. Do not tell her I said that. Although..." Cyn looked around and said, "Secretamente esperaba que te ganara.  (i was secretly hoping she'd beat you.)"

Antonio laughed and said. "tal vez tú y yo deberíamos tener un partido algún día (maybe you and I should have a match one day.)"

"en cualquier momento y en cualquier lugar, novio. (anytime, anyplace, boyfriend.)" Cyn playfully elbowed him. She can say for certainty that Antonio is a good cop. And a good fighter.

The sound of punching bags gets her attention as she turns to see Jay striking said punching bag. She observed his moves and in her opinion, his form isn't bad. She's knows for a fact that Army Rangers learn a fighting system that blends techniques from wrestling, boxing, Muay Thai, and judo with weapons skills from Kali, a Filipino martial art. "Hey Ranger Boy, when are we gonna spar?"

"I don't like that look in your eye." Jay laughed, as did Cyn.

"So that's a no then?" Cyn asked, laughing.

"Nah, you're doing great—just keep dropping your left every time you throw your right cross, it'll be fun." Toni advised.

Jay does that and Cyn is impressed as she takes off her gloves besides Antonio. And as Jay takes off his, there was something he wanted to ask Dawson and Grant, but he's not sure if he's gonna get a straight answer from them, less so from Grant. But he asks anyway. "Is Voight dirty?"