02

If things weren't heated before, it certainly is now

After the team learned that Antonio's son, Diego, was kidnapped, he rushed to the place where his wife works at and calls out to his wife. "Laura!"

"Antonio... Antonio!" Laura gasped as her husband came and hugged her. "Oh, God. Our baby... he's got to be so scared."

"I will get him back." He vowed.

"I know you will. You have to."

Antonio looks to Cynthia who just got inside from looking around. "What do we know?"

Cyn shook her head. "There's no cameras in the alley. We're checking the streets on both sides for ATM video."

"Neighbors?"

This time Hank answered. "One lady gave us a white van, but no license, no driver description, nothing. Detectives are rolling, squads are canvassing the area and knocking on doors, checking for cameras. Someone's on the pods right now."

We have security cameras out front, but nothing in the alley." Cynthia doesn't blame Antonio for saying that. Having cameras on the public street is one thing. Not having ones in back alleys is another. For anything can happen there.

"I know."

Just then, someone calls out to Laura. A man speaking Spanish has a paper in his hand. "Let him in. Let him in!" Hank told the officers twice and the guy gives Antonio a message. Though it is written in Spanish, both he and Cynthia knows what it says.

"Pulpo free by midnight, or your son dies." It reads.

Another reason Cynthia hates certain criminals. Some would go as far as to threaten to kill a kid.

Time Skip

The three detectives (Antonio, Cynthia and Hank) visit Pulpo, who's sitting in the cell. "Where's my son?" Dawson asked.

Pulpo merely looks under his seat. "Uh... uh, I know he's not here. Beyond that..."

"I don't think you want me to ask you again." Dawson threatens.

"Ah, si, si, si, si. I heard about this type of thing back in Bogota. Yeah. Your son was kidnapped, yes?" Hebasked as he chuckled. "Yes. Yeah, I read that many times. Many, many times. If the kidnappers were given what they wanted, then the wife or son was returned, not a single scratch on their faces."