-04-

As soon as Loki walked outside he knew something was wrong.

The strong smell of familiar blood hit him like a truck, making him pause in his tracks. He glanced around quickly, trying to find exactly where the smell was coming from when he sees Scott run quickly past him.

"Derek!" The boy calls out as he rushes past, not pausing to explain further.

Loki wastes no time running after Scott, breath hitching in his throat when he sees Derek sat in the middle of the parking lot, clearly in pain.

Loki watches as Scott drops to his knees next to Derek, running up shortly behind him and doing the same.

"I was shot." Derek breaths out, clenching his eyes shut for a second.

"He's not looking so good, guys." Stiles says from behind them, stating the obvious.

"No shit, dude." Loki glances back at Stiles before holding onto Derek to keep him upright.

"Why aren't you healing?" Scott asks frantically, looking down to the wound visible on his arm.

"I can't. It was-" He stutters over his words, taking deep breaths between every few words. "It was a different kind of bullet."

"Shit..." Loki mumbles to himself, understanding what Derek means.

"A silver bullet?" Loki glances back at Stiles again, rolling his eyes.

"No, you idiot." Derek groans out.

Loki looks up quickly, just now thinking about the fact that they're in the middle of the school parking lot as school is letting out, meaning practically everyone is outside right now.

"Wait, wait." Scott calls out quickly, making the rest of the group quickly look at him. "That's what she meant when she said you had 48 hours."

"What?" Derek's breathing was getting closer to pure hyperventilation every second and even though Loki was concerned about what Scott just said, he really would just rather get Derek out of the school parking lot and to someone who could help him. "Who said 48 hours?"

"The one who shot you."

Derek stares at Scott for a second before groaning in pain, gritting his teeth as his eyes flash to an icy blue.

"We have to get him out of here." Loki says, getting up from the ground slightly as people start to honk at the stand still traffic.

"What are you doing? Stop that!" Scott says frantically.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you. I can't."

"Derek, get up." Scotts words get sterner, holding onto his arm.

"Damn it." Loki mumbles as he sees Jackson, Lydia, and Allison all get out of their cars to see what's going on. He gets up fully, going behind Derek to lift him up so he can get him into Stiles' car. He glances at the other boys who are just watching him. "Are either of you gonna help me or what?"

With the help of Scott the pair gets Derek situated in the passenger seat, closing the door afterwards.

"I need you to find out what kind of bullet they used." Derek groans out, holding onto his arm and facing Scott.

"How the hell am I supposed to do that?"

"She's an Argent. She's with them."

"Why should I help you?" Scott asks and Loki rolls his eyes, going around to the other side of the car and climbing into the back.

"Because you need me." He hears Derek reply.

"Stiles! We need to go." Loki yells out to the boy still standing in the middle of the parking lot who remained unmoved.