-11-

"Call it again." Scott demands as he searches his room frantically. Stiles sighing from the chair he's sat in, leaning against the back of it.

Loki looks between the two silently from his spot on Scott's bed, messing with the braided bracelet he had on in an attempt to keep himself occupied.

"It's not here." Stiles rolls his eyes, watching as Scott moves around the room. "So you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?"

The werewolf drops onto the floor, looking under his bed. "I can't afford a new one."

Loki nods slightly and looks at Stiles, the human boy giving him an annoyed look. The white haired boy gives a small shrug, not as upset by the entire situation as Stiles seemed to be.

"And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek."  Scott continues as he stands up, finding somewhere else to look.

"Well, A, you're not alone. You have us." Stiles gestures between himself and Loki. "And B, didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead."

"Argent's plan was to use him to get the Alpha. They're not gonna kill him."

Loki hums softly, thinking over the situation and Scotts point.

"All right, so then just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to get Peter, problem solved." Stiles says as Scott begins throwing clothes out of his bathroom where he was currently searching.

A pair of jeans land on the bed next to Loki and he scoots further towards the edge, getting closer to Stiles.

"Don't be an asshole." Loki huffs softly, flicking Stiles' arm to get his attention. The shorter boy turns his gaze to Loki, giving him a small glare before they both turn their attention back to Scott as he walks back into the room.

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek! I can't protect her on my own. Which means we need to find Derek first." Scott says as he looks through the shelves above his desk. "Just... Just help me!"

"You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. You remember that, when he was trying to kill you? After you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?" Stiles rants off, glancing between the other two boys.

"He wasn't going to kill anyone. And I'm not letting him die."

Stiles rolls his eyes, looking to Loki for support.

"Sorry, sweetheart, I'm with Scott on this one." Loki shrugs slightly.

"Could you at least think about letting him die? For me?" The human boy whines, earning a small laugh from Loki.

Scott stops mid searching, looking off in the distance like he was hearing something.

"What is it?" Loki asks, causing Stiles to watch Scott as well.

"My mom just got home from work." Scott says, continuing to stare off.

Stiles and Loki share a quick look before looking at Scott, silently waiting for him to continue.

"Is she okay?" Stiles asks after a minute.

Scott shakes his head slightly, his face softening from whatever he was hearing.

"What's she doing?"

"Crying." Scott's voice is soft and Loki can hear the pure amount of love and admiration he has for his mom in the way he talks about her. In a way, it almost makes him wish he had gotten to spend any amount of time with his own mother.