-06-

"He wants you to tap into your animal side and get angry?" Loki hears Stiles say to Scott as he meets the pair outside their class.

"Oh, you're talking to Scott now?" Loki asks with a smile, well aware that Stiles wouldn't stay mad at Stiles for as long as he wanted to, even after what happened with his dad.

"Only because he has information." The human boy rolls his eyes, glaring at Loki as he falls into step with the other two.

Scott glances between the two, watching as Loki smacks the other boy's shoulder before they both turn back to the werewolf who nods at Stiles earlier question.

"All right, well, correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you do that, you try to kill someone, and that someone's usually me or Loki." He gestures between the two, Loki nodding along as he adjusts his backpack.

"I know." Scott huffs, "That's what he means when he say he doesn't know if he can teach me. I have to be able to control it."

"Derek?" Loki asks, trying to get caught up with the conversation the two had been having in the previous class. Scott gives a nod quickly before the conversation continues.

"Well, how's he gonna teach you to do that?"

"I don't know. I don't think he does either."

"Sounds like this is all gonna work out." Loki lets out a sigh and rolls his eyes.

Stiles points to Loki in agreement."When are you seeing him again?"

"Just told me not to talk about it. Just act normal and get through the day." Scott brushes off the other two's comments.

Stiles stops, smacking Scott's shoulder to get him to stop as well. "When?"

"He's picking me up at the animal clinic after work."

"After work." Stiles leans back a little. "All right, well, that gives me to the end of the school day then."

"To do what?"

"To teach you myself." Stiles says before walking off.

Loki closes his eyes, taking in a deep breath. "Is he serious?" He opens his eyes, looking to Scott who just shrugs in response, following after Stiles.

III

Loki sat at a lunch table with Lydia and Allison, giving up what had become his usual place with Scott and Stiles. He still felt really bad after he went to go see Lydia and wanted to try and be around more.

"The 'what' of 'who'?" Lydia asks, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion at what Allison has just said.

Loki was sat across from the brunette girl who had some kind of old book on her family open.

"The beast of Gevaudan. Listen." She points a finger at the other two before reading from the book. "A quadruped wolf-like monster, prowling the Auvergne and South Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767. La Bete killed over 100 people, becoming so infamous that the King Louis XV sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it." Allison paused, looking up from the book to see the others' reactions.

Loki leans closer, listening intently to Allison.

"Boring." Lydia points her fork towards the other girl, getting an eye roll from Loki.

"Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan."

"Hmm. Still boring."

"Cryptozoologists believe it may have been a subspecies of hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychid." Allison continues, looking more towards Loki now as he pays more attention than Lydia.