𝟬𝟮

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

thank you

───── ☆ ─────

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘 swung by rather quickly. Y/N was awoken by the sunlight streaming in through the curtains of their hotel room.

Since Y/N wasn't originally from Fontaine, they didn't have a house there. The Fatui would pay for their accommodation whenever they traveled to a Nation on official business, so they never had to worry about Mora.

Groaning in agitation, Y/N sat up in bed and rubbed their tired eyes. The silk sheets stuck to their cold skin as they moved to sit upright.

A knock at the door was the only reason that Y/N left the bed. Reluctantly, they trudged over towards the door and opened it, drowsy eyes blinking up to see who had disturbed them.

"Hah!" An awfully lively voice sliced through the air, "Look at you! Did I wake you up?"

Y/N rolled their eyes and ran a quick hand through their messy hair.

"Yeah, you did..." They grumbled. "What brings you here so early anyways?"

Childe grinned down at the other, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"I have a new lead," He explained quietly. "Believe it or not, I saw you know who last night entering a restaurant."

Y/N's eyes widened in surprise. They were honestly about to give up with this mission, so hearing Childe's words caused a surge of hope to pour through their body.

"Really?" They asked, "You're certain it was them, aren't you?"

"Who do you take me for?" Scoffed Childe, "Of course I'm certain!"

Y/N hummed. "Alright then. Wait there, I won't be long."

Before Childe could even reply, they had closed the door and begun getting ready. If what Childe said was true, then they could potentially get this mission over and done with.

[ ★ ]

"Lyney... You seem nervous."

Lyney laughed at his sister's words, brushing them off as if they were nothing.

"Come now, Lynette, you underestimate me!"

The twins were busy practicing for their performance tonight. Their home was quite large, so it was practical for them to practice in.

Lyney and Lynette lived in the Hotel Bouffes D'ete with their adopted brother, Freminet. The three were orphans, so they were lucky enough to have been granted their own home.

Lynette sighed quietly and shook her head at her brother, top hat dangling from her fingers.

"We're twins — I can read you like a book."

Lyney simply shrugged and put on a false expression of confidence.

"Do not fret, Lynette, for we shall succeed today!"