𝟬𝟳

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

starlit sky

───── ☆ ─────

𝐔𝐏𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓 the Hotel Bouffes D'ete, Y/N was encouraged to sit down on a long sofa that stretched out across the floor. The sofa was red in colour which matched the colour scheme of the room very well.

"Freminet should be back from diving soon." Lyney announced, a coy grin tugging at his lips. He handed Y/N a glass, not without teasing them first however.

They took a sip out of the glass before placing it down on a wooden table in front of them. They shifted slightly on the sofa, uncomfortable with their every move being monitored by the observant twins.

"Your brother dives?" Y/N wondered, desperately trying to get a conversation going.

Lyney nodded, a flash of admiration evident in his eyes. He smiled — a proud smile.

"Indeed he does. He's Fontaine's best diver if I dare say so myself!"

Y/N listened with a gentle expression as Lyney rambled on about Freminet and how good he was at diving. Apparently he had a real passion for it and would be out diving for hours every single day.

A twinge of jealousy stabbed through Y/N's heart as they listened to Lyney speak so fondly of his younger brother. It felt as if their heart had been ripped out of their chest and stamped on. All they could do was smile and nod.

I wish

Just then, the door to the room opened slowly, almost as if with cautious movements. Heads immediately turned to see who had just entered.

"Freminet!" Cheered Lyney with a beaming smile. He walked towards the other as he shut the door and stood in the room awkwardly.

"Hi, Lyney..." Freminet mumbled, fidgeting as his older brother ruffled his damp hair.

"Gross, you smell like fish." Lyney teased and stuck his tongue out at Freminet. Freminet squirmed when Lyney begun pinching his freckled cheeks.

"Lyney, that's enough..." Lynette stepped in to save a distressed Freminet. "You know how much Freminet hates being teased."

Y/N watched as Freminet released a sigh of relief as soon as Lynette pried a certain magician away from him.

"Ah, that reminds me!" Lyney turned to face Y/N with a snap of his fingers. "We have a guest."

"A guest...?" Mumbled Freminet, voice already timid. It shook slightly as he spoke. The mention of a guest didn't seem very appealing to him.

Stepping closer to Y/N, Lyney held out his hand. He looked at the other through his bangs, a teasing smirk on his face.

"If you will..."

Y/N subtly rolled their eyes, yet reached out to gently take the magician's gloved hand nonetheless. Lyney carefully hauled them up and placed a hand on their shoulder to support them. Y/N felt goosebumps prick at their skin at the sudden unexpected touch.