𝟭𝟰

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

gazing into the past

───── ☆ ─────

( warning : this chapter contains themes of violence and death, along with other potential triggering factors )

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 following day, and Y/N, followed by Lyney, had been tasked to recieve measurements for their ball outfits. They were currently making their way to Chioriya Botique, a fashion label run by Chiori herself. Judging by how Lyney spoke about her and her work with such admiration, Y/N couldn't help but to feel as if this lady in particular was extremely talented in the fashion field.

As the pair continued to venture down the streets of Fontaine, the magician was unable to stop himself from glancing nervously at Y/N. It was obvious that he had something on his mind and if he didn't say it soon, he was sure to burst.

"Say, Y/N..." He eventually breathed out after an inner war with his conflicting thoughts, "About the meeting with Miss Furina yesterday..."

"Hm?" The other hummed, their eyes meeting Lyney's at once. "What about it?"

"Um... About what Miss Furina said. I don't suppose that you view my sister and I any different, do you?"

"Ah, is this about your false accusation?" Asked Y/N quietly, mindful that there were various other people around. This question from them received a nod in reply.

"The fact that you were proven innocent is all I need to know. I also know that you were telling the truth. I know for a fact that you aren't a bad person, Lyney. You just do what needs to be done. So, no, I don't view you or Lynette any differently."

A sigh of relief was heard from Lyney as he processed these words. A gentle smile then formed on his face, followed by an amused chuckle.

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear that," He admitted, "Most people tend not to believe me with certain things, claiming that me being truthful is some sort of act. It's... Like a breath of fresh air when somebody finally believes you."

Soon enough, the two had arrived at Chioriya Botique. They spotted a lady stood outside, a stoic expression on her face. She had chestnut brown hair, with yellow streaks, that was pinned up in an elaborate series of knots by a red hairpin that symbolised that of a red poppy. Her ruby red yet fierce eyes were hard to miss and they brought out her pale skin. Her clothing could have been mistaken for a golden coloured kimono, but upon further inspection, it was evident that it was a cut off frock. She wore corsage gloves on both of her wrists paired with thigh-high laced socks.

It was clear that she meant business.

"Is that..." Y/N trailed off, to which Lyney nodded.

"It is indeed!" He snapped his fingers, "She is the one and only Chiori."

As the pair drew closer to the Botique, Chiori's sharp eyes were quick to latch onto the magician. He felt uncomfortable under her gaze, feeling as if he was being judged.

"I see that you've managed to keep your clothes intact for once," She muttered, a short sigh falling from her lips. "That's a pleasant surprise."