𝟭𝟳

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

just the two of us

───── ☆ ─────

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐃 just finished up their last commission for the day, sighing in relief as he stretched his aching limbs. Paimon urged for him to sit down on the grass for a bit so that he could rest, and so, he reluctantly obliged.

"Say, Paimon, have you heard about the ball that Furina is supposedly hosting?"

Paimon shook her head, a confused expression plastered upon her face as she hovered in the air.

"Nope! Paimon didn't know that Furina was hosting a ball. When is it?"

"Today," Answered The Traveler plainly, "It starts soon, actually. I heard that only couples in Fontaine are welcome to it, however."

"Aha! I had a feeling it was you two that I could hear talking."

A certain ginger haired Harbinger then joined the conversation, casually waving to the pair. The Traveler stood up in surprise and brushed down his clothes to rid of any dirt.

"Childe?" He breathed as the other offered him one of his many infamous grins. "What brings you here?"

Paimon nodded. "Yeah!"

"Funny you should ask..." Childe trailed off in an attempt to sound suspicious. However, he just recieved two jaded expressions as a response.

He sighed in defeat.

"You guys are no fun..."

"Hurry and tell us why you're here!" Insisted Paimon, obviously growing rather impatient.

"Alright, alright," Laughed Childe, "I'll tell you."

"Believe it or not, I'm on a mission with regards to Miss Furina's ball. I'm actually headed there right now."

"You don't really look the part." The Traveler blurted out, his eyes widening after upon realising what he had just said. "I'm sorry—"

The Harbinger was unable to stifle the laugh threatening to fall from his lips. Paimon laughed with him. Or at him? Nobody could tell with her.

"Oh, you do make me laugh, comrade. You're correct, though; I don't look the part. You see, I'm not actually... Attending the ball."

Paimon breathed out a sigh of relief. "Phew! Paimon thought for a second that you had a partner! Paimon was going to say how bad she felt for them."

A frown was quick to crawl onto Childe's lips. His shoulders slouched, as if the harsh words Paimon and The Traveler were spewing at him were piling up onto his body, soon about to crush him.

"Hey, what gives..."

"Don't mind us." The Traveler dismissed. "If you're not attending the ball, then would I be correct in saying that you're going to be operating outside of it?"

Childe went to answer, yet that much was already obvious. The Traveler was spot on, as usual.

"What's this I hear about a ball?"