𝟭𝟵

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

reunited

───── ☆ ─────

( plot twist... or not? )

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘, 𝐘/𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 regained consciousness. They sat up in a hurry, an exasperated gasp leaving their lips. Panic flooded throughout their body as their half-lidded eyes viewed their current environment.

To their shock, they weren't at the place where they had expected to be — Dottore's lab. In fact, he was nowhere to be seen. Relief begun to calmly pass over them as they realised that they were indeed safe. For the moment, at least.

Thousands of questions that desperately needed answering swarmed in Y/N's mind. Where were they? Where had Dottore fled to? Where was Lyney? Where had Childe, Lynette and Freminet disappeared to? What else did Furina enforce?

They groaned, placing a hand up to their forehead as it begun to throb. Their whole body felt stiff and as if it had been ignited on fire. They could hardly move a muscle.

It was then Y/N noticed that more or less their whole body had been bandaged up in multiple dressings. Many of these dressings were stained in blood and it surprised them greatly that they didn't bleed to death by Dottore's cruel hands.

They appeared to be the only one present in the room currently. A few neatly-made beds were scattered around along with various medical equipment. Y/N could only assume that they were in some sort of infirmary.

"Ah! You're finally awake."

A soft and almost childlike voice was what tugged Y/N out of their spiralling thoughts. They stared in front of them and noticed a small female with pastel blue hair tied into two petite pigtails enter the room. She had ruby red eyes that glistened in the light of the infirmary and possessed melusine-like features.

"You were unconscious for almost a day," The melusine chuckled as she hopped onto a stool beside Y/N's bed. "It's good to see that you're awake."

"Mm... Who are you?" Wondered Y/N as they rubbed their sore eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Sigewinne, I'm the head nurse in the Fortress of Meropide."

Y/N's eyes widened in disbelief. "I'm in... The Fortress of Meropide?"

Sigewinne nodded her head. "Mhm! You were brought in by some Gardes and I immediately tended to your wounds. You were in terrible shape. I don't even want to imagine what happened."

"Is Lyney here, too? Did you tend to his wounds as well?"

"Lyney... Oh! Yes, he was brought in as well. The magician with the fancy top hat, right? He woke up yesterday a few hours after being brought in. I tended to his wounds and he seems to be doing just fine. It took a great amount of effort to pry him away from your bedside, though."

Y/N sighed in relief upon hearing that Lyney was doing fine. The last thing they remembered before falling unconscious was The Doctor impaling the magician in the stomach.

"Would I be able to visit him?" They asked, shifting slightly in their bed. Their limbs ached with every small movement they made, yet they didn't dare admit that. After all, they had to visit Lyney. They had to see that he was doing fine with their own eyes.