Home

Synopsis
Back in training mode with the looming threat of Lloyd and the Hypnobrai, Zane wanders after a Falcon and lands himself in a heap of trouble. The rest of the Ninja leave the training dojo to help him and return to find that the snakes have burned it to the ground

Plot
At the Monastery of Spinjitzu, Sensei Wu is meditating when he hears voices from outside; to his pleasant surprise, the ninja are busy training instead of playing video games. When Zane uses his Spinjitzu to freeze the entire training course, the other three ninja talk to Wu about their icy comrade's strange behaviors. Wu explains that Zane is a brother to them, and like all brothers, he is different. Soon, the Mailman comes by with letters and packages for all of the ninja except Zane. Jay asks Zane why he never receives any letters from his parents, and Zane sadly says he has been an orphan all his life and never knew his family.

Meanwhile, in the Forest of Tranquility, the Hypnobrai are building a treehouse fortress from where Lloyd plans to rule Ninjago. Atop the fortress, Skales is using Cole - unknowingly hypnotized during his previous encounter with the Serpentine -to spy on the ninja, noting that the Hypnobrai staff is in the Monastery of Spinjitzu. Slithraa rebukes his second-in-command for slacking off, but Skales retorts that they should focus on retrieving their staff from the ninja.

At the Monastery, the ninja are enjoying their dinner. Zane walks into the dining room with a roasted turkey and places it on the table, and the others burst into laughter when they notice that he is wearing a flowered pink apron. Zane is confused as to why they find it so funny. Cole tries to make Zane laugh by tossing a plate of shrimp at Kai's face, resulting in a large food fight.

Later that night, when Zane goes outside to take out the trash from dinner, he finds a Falcon that mimics his every move and decides to follow it. He soon discovers Lloyd's treehouse and leads the others to it the next day. After analyzing the structure, Kai thinks that if they sever the ropes holding up the fort, it will fall apart. The plan almost succeeds, but Skales uses Cole to fight the ninja and nearly bring the fort down with them on it. Sensei and Nya arrive just in time on Flame, while Sensei plays the Sacred Flute that breaks Cole's spell.

After rescuing them and destroying the fortress, Sensei Wu explains the flute is as old as the Serpentine themselves and will play a large role in the Serpentine's downfall. Upon returning to the Monastery, they find the entire building demolished and burned to a crisp by the Serpentine, who have stolen their staff back. The ninja berate Zane for causing the destruction of their home and he flies away with Shard.

Back at the Hypnobrai Tomb, a captive Lloyd tells Slithraa to do something about Skales, prompting the General to demand his staff back from the Warrior. However, Skales refuses to return the staff, challenging Slithraa to a Slither Pit for command of the tribe. Mezmo acts as the overseer for the match, and Lloyd is tied to an icicle to keep him from getting away. Unnoticed by the Hypnobrai, the would-be evil overlord manages to snatch a map from a nearby crevice in the process.

Unfortunately for Lloyd, Skales matches Slithraa exactly, even interrupting his hypnosis attempt. When the General uses a large ice shield to block the Warrior's attacks, Skales mesmerizes Slithraa with odd body movements before striking down his opponent with a powerful flying kick. As Rattla identifies the attack as a "Fang-Kwon-Do" technique, Lloyd demands that Slithraa get up, but the General can take no more and passes out.

Mezmo declares Skales the winner and hands him the Hypnobrai Staff. Upon grasping it, Skales' legs begin to merge and lengthen into a tail while Slithraa's tail shrinks into a pair of legs. The other Hypnobrai chant the name of their new General as Skales tells Slithraa to obey him from now on; when Slithraa pledges his allegiance, Skales banishes Lloyd from the tomb.

In the mountains, the ninja attempt to keep their spirits up, despite their minimal food and shelter. Just as Jay laments the loss of Zane, the Ninja of Ice returns, telling the others that he has something to show them. As they arrive in the Sea of Sand, Zane explains he was following the Falcon, which led him to a ship known as Destiny's Bounty. The ninja rejoice and Sensei Wu promises Zane that they will help him find his family, but Zane tells his mentor that they don't have to, as they are his family. They later engage in another food fight, unaware that Lloyd passes by after seeing them.