Once Bitten, Twice Shy

Synopsis
Jay and Nya have to cut their first date in Mega-Monster Amusement Park short as the Serpentine are on their way to retrieve the first of four fang blades to be used to awaken the Great Devourer.

Plot
The villagers have unearthed a Fangpyre skeleton and Nya is experimenting on it to try and reverse the effects of a Fangpyre bite without the anti-venom in the staff. She observes that it is possible to reverse the effects by raising the victim's heart rate. Jay nervously asks Nya out on a date, which she accepts. After she leaves, Jay dances around the room in celebration but accidentally pricks his finger on the Fangpyre skeleton's fang. When he leaves, a drop of venom falls from the fang to the floor, a fly drinks it rapidly transforming into a fangpyre-fly.

In the Realm of Madness, Sensei Wu tries to tell Lord Garmadon about Lloyd having been captured, but Garmadon does not listen. They engage in a fight that culminates in Garmadon summoning his mud monsters to defeat Wu. As the mud monsters envelop him, Wu tells Garmadon that Lloyd is in danger. Shocked at this news, Garmadon saves him and Wu explains what Lloyd has done. Garmadon agrees to go back to Ninjago to help Lloyd. Wu tells him that he is out of Traveler's Tea, so Garmadon informs him that the only way to get back to Ninjago is to climb the Mountain of Madness.

Elsewhere, Pythor and the Serpentine head off to Mega Monster Amusement Park to dig up the first Silver Fangblade. The ninja find out that the Serpentine are at the amusement park, so Jay arranges for him and Nya to have their date there so he can fight the Serpentine if necessary. As they enjoy their dinner in the park's restaurant, Jay finds out he is slowly transforming into a snake due to the bite and rushes to the restroom to check himself over. Meanwhile, the ninja investigate a ghost-themed ride and find that the Serpentine have already dug up the first Fangblade. Zane accidentally freezes the three of them while in NRG mode, allowing the Serpentine to escape.

When Jay comes out of the restroom, he is surprised to find that Nya is gone, having assumed her secret identity as Samurai X. The restaurant patrons see Jay and attack him, believing him to be a snake. Jay runs back into the restroom and comes out with a scarf concealing his face so he can escape.

Meanwhile, the Serpentine battle Samurai X and eventually find out that she is really Nya. They trap her in a roller coaster car and send her careening down the track, which has a large gap in the middle. Jay tries to rescue her, but his scarf blows off, revealing his reptilian appearance. When they rapidly approach their doom (a break in the tracks with a ring of fire), Nya tells Jay that he does not have to pretend to be anything he's not to impress her, as she likes him exactly for how he is. She then kisses Jay, raising his heart rate and turning back into a human. Inches away from the break, Nya utters her last words to Jay "You are the best you". Feeling inspired by Nya's words, Jay unlocks his True Potential when he realizes he's free to be himself around his friends, especially Nya, and saves them with his increased strength, teleportation, and ability to fly.

Garmadon and Wu at the Mountain of Madness
Afterwards, the ninja and Nya regroup and Cole announces that the Serpentine have the first Fangblade. They wonder where Sensei Wu is and what he is doing. Meanwhile, Lord Garmadon and Sensei Wu have reached the Mountain of Madness and prepare for their journey back to Ninjago.