The Green Ninja

Synopsis
The ninjas are suspicious when Lord Garmadon moves in to help searching for his missing son - but realize they have to work together in their attempt to rescue Lloyd from the snakes.

Plot
During the night, Cole, Zane, and Jay are all outside on the deck of the Destiny's Bounty, each attacking the silhouette of what appears to be Lizaru. In the middle of the battle, Nya shines a light onto them and compliments their training skills, revealing the silhouette to be a training dummy.

Inside the Bounty, Kai secretly wears the Green Ninja suit while he tries out different catch phrases, looking in the mirror to see his teammates watching him from behind as they mockingly laugh at him. Cole is quick to make fun of him for his silly actions and Kai explains to the others that he stumbled upon the suit when he was looking around Sensei Wu's room for any clues of who the Green Ninja could be. Zane reminds him that only the one who is destined to fulfill the role of the Green Ninja is allowed to wear it, to which Kai interrupts him saying that he was desperate to reach his True Potential like the others already had.

The ninja then abruptly stop their conversation when they hear the voice of Sensei Wu, who returned home from his journey, and the ninja (with the exception of Kai who needs to put the green suit back) rush out to greet him. Jay excitedly tells Sensei Wu of everything he missed, though when Kai comes out telling his Sensei that he is relieved of his safe return, Lord Garmadon reveals himself from behind his brother. Kai's first instinct is to rush into battle, whereas Zane throws himself in front of Sensei Wu to protect him. Wu immediately orders Kai to stop, informing his students that Lord Garmadon will be staying with them for the purpose of rescuing Lloyd. Disapproving of this, the ninja tried to argue, but Sensei Wu, not wanting to hear on what they are saying, just silences them. Lord Garmadon assures them that his brother's words are true, and Wu declares to both the ninja and Nya "from here on out, you all will obey me and you will respect my brother", to which they begrudgingly agree.

At dawn, everyone meets up at the bridge to discuss the Fangblades. Sensei Wu dismisses Kai and Nya to prepare the deck and check the anchor in order to be ready for Serpentine activity. Afterward, as Jay decides to tell Sensei Wu the full story of the events during his absence, Kai admits to Nya that he does not trust Lord Garmadon. While they converse about the subject, Kai convinces himself that he will unlock his True Potential if he can stand up to Lord Garmadon.

During the Dark Lord's stay, he surprises the ninja by casually filing his teeth alongside them. Then at the dining room, Kai watches in distrust as Lord Garmadon eats a dish that Kai identifies as condensed evil. Later, Jay and Nya are relaxing in the video game room while they watch a romantic movie together, only for Lord Garmadon to disrupt it by changing the channel, to their dismay. Garmadon is later seen "sunbathing" on the deck during a thunderstorm, and interrupting the ninja's sleep the following night with electricity.

Lord Garmadon proceeds to play video games in the video game room while Cole and Zane observed together from afar. Kai approaches them commenting that he's playing the game incorrectly, but Cole and Zane admit that Lord Garmadon is fascinating without his villainous intentions.

Meanwhile, in the Forest of Tranquility, the Falcon spots the Serpentine heading to the Fire Temple. Despite the footage being displayed on the screen in the bridge, Kai is too caught up in preparing himself for his "apparent" future battle to see it. Upon hearing Sensei Wu speaking to Nya, Kai follows their voices down the hall to overhear Wu speaking of the possibility of Nya becoming the Green Ninja. Lord Garmadon then confronts Kai about eavesdropping, which quickly results in the two declaring a fight. However, when they begin pushing each other, Nya rushes out to question them. Lord Garmadon informs her of Kai's snooping as well as calling the latter "Mr. Snoopypants". Shocked by this, Nya asks her brother if he is spying on her and Kai proceeded to lie that he is just keeping watch. Changing the subject, he asks her if she's the Green Ninja, to which she assures him otherwise, saying that she's content on being the Samurai. Jay then appears at the door, alerting them that the Falcon has spotted the Serpentine.