Tick Tock

Synopsis
When the four ninja follow the mysterious falcon into the woods, they stumble on a hidden work shop where Zane learns the secret about his past and in the process, he is the first ninja to unlock his true potential.

Plot
After Zane breaks his previous record for holding his breath underwater, the ninja wonder if they have reached their full potential. They seek out Sensei Wu, who tells them that they have only reached their physical peak; their true potential requires mental enlightenment as well.

Sensei Wu recounts a story from his childhood. One day, while he and his brother were playing outside, Wu lost his katana and Garmadon sought to find it, knowing their father would not be pleased. Garmadon found the katana eventually, but upon reaching down to pick it up, he was bitten by a snake known as the Great Devourer, kickstarting his descent into darkness. After telling his story, Sensei Wu declares that he is going on a journey by himself, and the ninja drop him off at a mountain.

Later on, the ninja travel to Jamanakai Village with Nya to post signs about the missing Fangblades. As Zane is posting signs, he sees the Falcon. He and the ninja follow it, but soon the others are too tired to go on. Zane proceeds into a frosted forest when the Falcon suddenly drops to the snowy ground.

Zane picks it up and is shocked to see that the bird is actually mechanical. He is then ambushed by a large robot, but quickly destroys it and notices that the Falcon and the robot have the same mysterious symbol printed on them. Zane proceeds into a hollow tree and discovers a workshop inside. While searching through the building, he finds a blueprint and drops to his knees, crying out in horror.

Meanwhile, Sensei Wu enters Mystake's Tea Shop and requests Traveler's Tea. The owner claims not to have heard of it, but upon receiving payment, brings out a pot and warns Master Wu that those who drink the tea do not return. Back in the forest, the ninja find Zane inside the tree and ask why he is distressed. Zane suddenly opens up his torso, revealing that he is actually a robot. The ninja assure him that he is still their brother, but Zane, still quite shaken by the revelation, asks to be left alone. Kai, Jay, and Cole leave the workshop, but are soon attacked by Treehorns.

Inside the workshop, Zane takes another look at his blueprints and, upon realizing he has a memory switch, flips it on. This causes him to remember being built by his father, Dr. Julien, and all the different things he taught him over the years. He also recalls that his father, just before dying, turned off his memory switch to save him the pain of heartbreak. Zane sheds a tear for his father before rushing out to help his friends.

The ninja defeat the Treehorns, but things take a turn for the worse when their Queen arrives. Realizing who he is, Zane overcomes the obstacles of his heart and unlocks his True Potential. With his newfound powers, Zane freezes the Queen and the other Treehorns retreat. The other ninja commend Zane for unlocking his True Potential and Zane proclaims that they are going to find Pythor.

Meanwhile, Pythor is still desperately trying to unite the snake tribes by solving a riddle: "When the five fangs unite as one, the path toward the Devourer has begun." The other leaders begin to doubt Pythor, saying that snakes will begin to ask questions. Just then, Acidicus and Skalidor get into a tussle with one another, and their staffs are tossed aside. The venom from their staffs drips onto the floor, then Pythor realizes something. He gathers all five staffs and puts them in a leaning formation over the table, Pythor realizes it's been right in front of them the whole time. "When the five fangs unite as one, the path toward the Devourer has begun." The riddle wasn't talking about of the five tribes, it was the venom in the five Staffs. As Pythor slides a scrap of paper underneath. The venom drips onto the paper, revealing a map that shows the locations of the four Fangblades. Having solved the riddle, Pythor and the others rejoice.

On a tall mountain, Sensei Wu is shown to be meditating before pouring the Traveler's Tea in a circle around his campfire. A vortex then erupts, and he steps into it. He reappears in another dimension, where he is greeted by his brother, Lord Garmadon.