The Royal Blacksmiths

Synopsis
The four ninja go undercover as a dance troupe and enter a talent contest in their quest to win "The Blade Cup" where one of the fang blades is hidden.

Plot
Having the map to the four Fangblades, the Serpentine arrive at the pyramid. While they navigate through the ancient tunnels, Pythor comes to a sudden halt. The Anacondrai General taps his Staff to the stone flooring, the weak ground ahead of him crumbling. Pythor then orders Skales to release Lloyd from his chains. Pythor informs Lloyd that he has only released him temporarily to maneuver himself around the sinkhole, an act that only Lloyd could perform, thanks to his small stature. Lloyd carefully walks around the hole that Pythor created, afterward running as the floor starts falling apart with every step. When he finally reaches solid ground, the spiked ceiling begins lowering itself over him, which causes him to run through and accidentally activate another booby trap. Arrows shoot through the walls at Lloyd, who narrowly escaped, unharmed. The pedestal with the Fangblade comes into view, though Lloyd stumbles and hits a pole that supports the ceiling. The collapsing ceiling forces him to rush forward. When he reaches the pedestal, he realizes that the Fangblade is missing, calling back to the Serpentine to tell them of the object's absence.

In Destiny's Bounty, the ninja start discussing the location of the second Fangblade. Cole announces that he remembers where he recognizes the Fangblade from, leaving the room and returning with a picture book. Jay eagerly takes the book from him and shows it to the rest of the team. Cole tells them of an annual competition that awards the winner the Blade Cup, saying that his father won it multiple times before. Having perked his interest, Zane comments that Cole has never spoken of his father being an accomplished athlete. When questioned about what sport, Cole tells him that his father is a Blacksmith. Kai finds it odd that there would be a competition involving the occupation, Cole correcting himself by stating that his dad is a Royal Blacksmith. The Earth Ninja continues, saying that the Fangblade was made into the Blade Cup by a fellow named Clutch Powers. Zane asks who is currently in possession of the trophy, Cole sorrowfully admitting that he has not spoken to his father in years. He then begins telling a story of how his father wanted his son to follow in his footsteps, but Cole ran away when he was unable to sing or dance, sending letters to his dad and pretending to still be at the Marty Oppenheimer School of Performing Arts. Zane is astonished that his dad is unaware of his current occupation, automatically Cole assuming that his teammates will make fun of him for his story. The ninja assure him otherwise, stating that they must get their act together if they want to reach the second Fangblade in time.

Meanwhile, at the Mountain of Madness, Lord Garmadon and Sensei Wu journey toward the peak of a large hill. Lord Garmadon admits that he was hoping to reach the summit before the moon rose. While they converse about the surrounding terrain, nearby boulders form together to create a group of Craglings. The giant monsters gain on the two brothers, Lord Garmadon and Sensei Wu instinctively drawing their weapons to fight back. As they fend off the beasts, they both perform Spinjitzu in an attempt to defeat the Craglings.

As the Destiny's Bounty flies over Ninjago City, all four ninja jumping off and activating their elemental vehicles in order to land safely. Having dressed in casual attire, Cole tells the other ninja to put their Golden Weapons in a briefcase to complete their disguise. They arrive at Lou's house, Cole happily greeting his father when he opens the door. However, Lou is reluctant to let them in, closing the door on them and ordering his son to use the doorbell. Upon complying, Lou opens the door and invites them inside. There Lou serves them tea, Cole feeling agitated as Lou tells of a story involving his foot injury. As the ninja fabricate a lie about their arrival, Cole comes up with the excuse that his team is writing a research paper and needs information about the Blade Cup. Lou begins rambling about winning the annual Ninjago Talent show, suddenly under the assumption that the actual purpose of their visit is to replace The Royal Blacksmiths since Lou's quartet is unable to perform that year. Overwhelmed by pride, Lou decides to leave the room to write a song about it. Kai then announces that they are entering the competition in order to steal the Blade Cup.