Episode 2: Seeing Stars

Octavia woke up from her slumber with joy and excitement on her face. With a feathered quill, she crossed out a date and spotted the present day. She had drawn meteors in purple. In pink, there were stars and the smiling faces of her and her father watching the meteors. She circled the picture and hurried off.

Down the hall with the purple and green Venus fly traps, Octavia hopped on one foot, pulling on her black high heeled boot. She wore her usual pink dress with yellow stars on it, her crown, a black soft hat, a pink collar, a black jacket and fingerless gloves.

Octavia turned a corner. "Hey, Dad!"

She paused. In front of her was an empty kitchen. Moving boxes were stacked on the floor.

"Dad?" Octavia questioned in concern as she turned another corner.

"Daaaad!" Octavia called as she ran her hand down the gold stair rails. Curled within the rails were red eye designs.

She wandered out the open doors to the front courtyard. Stolas, wearing a scowling expression, was holding the sunflower rotary phone in one hand, and squeezing the imp butler in the other.

"Yes, I know!" He said angrily into the phone to his former wife. "It will be there shortly!"

"Are the commoner Imps being careful?!" Stella shouted through the phone.

"Of course they're being careful!" Stolas barked.

In front of Stolas, servant Imps were busy lifting the boxes into a moving van. An "expensive shits" sign was taped to the back of the van.

"Dad, what's going on?" Octavia asked from the doorway.

Stolas' eyes widened and he turned to her.

"Apparently, your mother can't exist somewhere two minutes without the entirety of her possessions before she...what?!"

He paced to the side, turning his attention back to the phone.

Stella yelled into the phone. "If only Shao Khan squashed your pathetic....!"

Stolas put his hands on his hips. "Well, that didn't happen did it?!"

"Just bring me my fucking stuff!"

"Yes, Stella!" Stolas breathed into the phone with too-wide eyes and a forced open-mouthed grin.

Stella screamed, "I hope to never see your face again, you fucking cheating sack of shit!"

"Dad." Octavia began, twiddling her fingers. "This is going to be done before tonight, right?"

"What?" Stolas lowered the phone. "Oh." he sighed in frustration. He turned back around. "I hardly think so, knowing your mother, this will take all weekend."

He yelled at the Imps. "Don't be gentle about it now! Break whatever you have to to get it all in there!"

He was satisfied when he heard Stella's yells of protest. "What?! What did you just tell them to do?!"

"But." said Octavia. "Tonight, we're supposed to..."

"Darling, can we not talk about this now?" Stolas whispered hoarsely. "Your mother's being a real B-I-T-C-H."

Bird calls came through the phone. "I can spell, you fucking moron!"

"Well how was I supposed to know you can spell?! I've never seen you read!" Stolas barked back as he strode toward the van.

Seeing that it was pointless to get his attention, Octavia stomped off toward her room. "Urgh!" She yelled in frustration as she slammed the door. "Urgh! She yelled in frustration as she flipped over her telescope, sending it crashing to the floor. She crumpled up her calendar and yelled again as she tossed it to the ground. Octavia took some shaky breaths and spotted her blue and white backpack on the floor. It had a yellow star on the back and two strings with crescent moons on them. She slung it over her shoulder and angrily walked out of the room.