𝙤𝙣𝙚

this story contains

sexual content, mention of drugs and its use, a bit of angst, some violence and strong language, reader discretion is advised!

this story doesn't follow the haikyuu storyline and i don't own any character in haikyuu, aside from itami.

english is not my first language so please, don't hesitate to call me out lol (lower case intended so don't come at me for that, it's just a personal preference)

both suna and y/n are university students for the sake of the plot, they're 19.

i also made a playlist for the story!
https://spotify.link/itlxnMmHmDb

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

"y/n, are you awake?" my eyes are trying to adjust to the light coming from my buzzing phone. what was once a dark room is now filled with light because of a text message that, given the time it is, shouldn't have been sent.

i stay there for a while, staring at the screen, feeling bewildered and not knowing what to do.

do i reply? do i pretend to be asleep? after all, we are friends. maybe it's an emergency and it has nothing to do with what happened last weekend.

suna

are you ok? it's 3 am

sorry i can't sleep
i miss my smoking partner

suna was never this affectionate unless he was high on weed.

ugh where are you?

almost there

shit. i put on a thin jacket since it was still september and quietly made my way down to the door, as my mother could wake up, and i really don't have the patience to deal with her at this hour.

as i stepped outside, a black car gently stopped in front of my door and suna waved for me to get in.

flashback (last weekend, at the miya's residence)

"shots, shots, shots!" itami began pouring the alcohol into the glasses as atsumu cheered her on.

to celebrate the return to school, or rather, to see each other again after a summer apart, the miya twins decided to invite some classmates since their parents often traveled a lot and could afford to do whatever they wanted.

"itami, you're spilling more drink outside than inside." sighed kita, the captain of the volleyball team, which most of the guys in our group played in.