Sonic Prime Sonic Angst (platonic Sonadow)

Sonic held his head in his hands. He couldn't believe what had just happened. He had trusted Nine, he had thought that Nine would become more like Tails, he had tried to find comfort in the unknown. He shut his eyes tight, he couldn't crack now- there was more pressure than ever before. A low growl came from above and Sonic caught his breath.

"SONIC!!!" Shadow shouted from the cave entrance. Sonic drew his hands away from his face. "YOU IDIOT!! I TOLD YOU WE COULDN'T TRUST HIM!!!" Shadow jumped down in front of Sonic, his fists clenched. Sonic opened his mouth to speak but he found no words to explain himself.

"GOD, AS ALWAYS, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, SONIC!!!" Shadow threatened Sonic with his fist. Sonic only stared defeatedly at him, his mouth still hanging open.

"Ugh, useless..." Shadow spat and turned away from Sonic, looking toward where the shards had once been. Sonic felt his eyes sting and he gulped. He looked down at his shoes.

Shadow's right... I am useless... this is all my fault...

Sonic sniffed and the sound made Shadow's ears twitch.

"You're right..." Sonic whispered under his breath. "You were always right..." Sonic chuckled quietly. Shadow turned around, catching his breath, just in time to see Sonic wipe his eyes.

"I'm sorry. If it weren't for me... none of this would've happened..." Sonic shook his head with his eyes closed. Shadow only stared blankly at him, but his thoughts were running wild.

What is this? Sonic? Admitting to being at fault? To me?

Sonic sighed and slowly walked over to a rocky wall. He leaned himself against it, and then slid down, his arms across his knees. He stared bitterly at the ground before looking to the side.

"Green Hill would be better off without me..."

Shadow's expression lightened with surprise. Sure he may have wanted to get under Sonic's skin, but not that far. Sonic rested his head on his arms and Shadow could see how upset he was. He unclenched his hands and let go of his breath. Hesitantly, Shadow silently walked over to Sonic. He sat down beside him, copying his pose.

"No, it wouldn't." Shadow said suddenly. Sonic caught his breath and glanced up, not seeing or hearing Shadow come to his side. Shadow looked to the side and met Sonic's eyes. "It wouldn't be better off without you, and your cocky ass knows that," Shadow rolled his eyes as he spoke and kept his usual stern expression. Sonic let go of his breath and slowly looked away, down at the ground. Shadow did too. "Sure, none of this would've happened if it weren't for you, but there also wouldn't have been the opportunity for any of this to happen in the first place," Shadow continued. He spoke lightly and it made Sonic almost forget about being upset because of just how little Sonic heard Shadow being soft. Shadow closed his eyes and Sonic turned to looked at him. "Unfortunately... you're important. To Green Hill. To your friends. And... even to me." Shadow played with his fingers, his eyes still closed. Sonic drew his breath and stared at Shadow with a stunned expression. After a pause, Sonic smirked. He rolled to lay in front of Shadow, his head on his arms.

"I'm important to you, am I?" Sonic teased Shadow and Shadow instantly opened his eyes, only to find Sonic in front of him on the ground. His expression went back to being angry.

"Shut up," Shadow scowled and stood up, avoiding Sonic's smug face. He lept up to the entrance of the cave and Sonic quickly jumped up and followed him.

"You said I was important to you~" Sonic playfully ran from one side of Shadow to the other while trying to catch his eyes. Eventually, Shadow stopped at the edge of the cliff, looking over Ghost Hill. Sonic leaned around him, still grinning, looking expectantly at Shadow.

"I said shut up, before I make you," Shadow threatened and Sonic stepped back chuckling.

"Fine! Fine, I'll stop," Sonic put his hands up, and Shadow couldn't help but smile slightly.