Chapter 7

It was 3:00am, I'd been scribbling and scanning through the study sheets for my upcoming exam. With no choice, I booked the week off work. Tory wished me luck, saying I would do amazing. I disagreed but didn't argue with her optimism, she'd been this way ever since her wife got pregnant. Shaking my head at the distracted trail of thought, I pointed my pen firmly on the notebook's pages. Focus.

"Why the fuck are you awake?" Theron's voice was huskier than usual.

My head snapped up, "I could ask you the same thing, grumpy pants."

"You keep shuffling around and the kitchen light is on." Grey sweatpants hung loosely over his hips while the man rubbed at his eyes, "I'm not doing this with you right now. Go to bed or I'll make you."

I frowned at his threat, "I can't."

He sighed, trudging toward me, "You made your choice, baby."

"What?" Theron gripped my waist and lifted me to his chest, despite the surprise I still wrapped my legs around him. "I'm serious, I can't sleep. I have an exam in two days."

"That doesn't mean you skip sleep, Alora." The man carried us up the stairs. "You don't get to stop taking care of yourself, just because you have an exam."

I groaned, then grimaced when he pinched my thigh. "I'm not afraid to pinch you back, you know?"

Theron lowered my frame onto the bed, "Go ahead and try, tiny girl." He challenged.

Now look who wasn't sleeping. I looked over the shirtless man, the night's shadows curving with each individual ab. Holy shit, I just now began to realize how ripped Theron was. What spare time did he have to workout? I understood I'd probably just made a horrible decision, but it was too late. I'd already committed.

My arm swung forward, aiming for his shoulder. Theron caught my wrist too easily, then collected the other when I had tried again. He guided my body backward until I laid against the bed, both my wrists held above my head with one firm hand.

My breathing hitched at the unexpected urge to close the small distance between us.

"I studied the human body. I know the most helpful adjustments, and hurtful for those who deserve it," His breath fell thick against my lashes, "But I also know the most pleasurable. Just say the words, Alora." His fingertips warmed my side, tracing circles along the flesh there.

I couldn't think properly, not with him so close. Or maybe I couldn't be thinking clearer, now that I glanced to his lips. I went to lean closer, to press our lips together. but Theron held me down.

"Say it, Alora." He growled.

I kept quiet in protest for a few moments, caving under his gaze, "I want you to kiss me, Theron."

Without sparing a second, our mouths collided. The fire in his chest burned with mine. My breathing was heavy as his hands glided up and down every curve on my body. I melted into his touch, scent, everything, completely consumed by the man on top of me. My stomach unintentionally recoiled the moment I'd felt him tug my shirt.

He parted from me, lips brushing against mine as he spoke, "I want this off, but more importantly, I want you comfortable. Tell me to stop, understand? If it gets to be too much, you tell me."

I nodded against the mattress, attempting to wriggle out of the shirt, "I will."

He lifted the fabric over my head, leisurely bringing his lips to mine. My hands were tangled in his black locks when he started kissing along my jawline, down to my neck, collarbone, and chest. My back arched into Theron as his hand swiftly unclasped my bra, removing it gently. It was a foreign experience, being held so tenderly, and I couldn't get enough.

A soft moan clawed out my throat when he sucked at my breast, stomach clenching from embarrassment.

Theron responded by working intensely on the area, but I bit my lip to hold back another sound. I could feel his frown form against my skin.

"I need to hear you, Alora." He rose to reconnected our lips, mouth dancing with mine deeply, our tongues hastily tasting each other. His hands were everywhere, brushing from my hips to my breasts to my hair. "Moan for me, baby."

And I did, again and again as we experienced each other for the first time.

It wasn't until Theron's knees tightened on either side of my waist that I stiffened, feeling his length harden. Theron noticed my discomfort, immediately pulling himself off my body.

"Sorry," I mumbled breathlessly. Why did I have to ruin everything?

"What did I say about apologies?" The man beside me rested his back against the bed frame.

I stayed silent, unwanted memories with Jason flickering through my mind.

Theron restrained himself from reaching to touch me, muscles visually flexing. "Alora,"

I shook my head, tears brimming my eyes. Jason was going to find me, I couldn't escape him, and I was afraid of what he would do to me when he did.

"Baby, it's okay. You're safe with me." His voice was soft, "Tell me what you're thinking."

I swallowed back a sob, "The man I lived with before, Jason, he'll find me. I've never been gone this long, he's probably pissed. Theron, he might actually kill me."

His jaw tightened, "Does he know where you work?"

"No," I lied for some unknown reason. To my surprise, it looked like he believed me.

"He doesn't know where you're staying currently," Theron sighed, "He can't find you. And if he does, I'll be around. I'm not saying you need me for protection, but I'd want to be there to murder the fucker. You're safe, understand?"

"Yeah," No.

We laid in silence together for a few minutes before he spoke smugly, "I knew you'd beg for me."

I gaped, turning light-speed to face the man. "I did not! 'Begging' is a stretch, Thermos."

He groaned, "Say my name properly, Alora."

I made a face, "Thermos."

Both his brows rose, offering another chance to correct myself.

I gave in, under his dark stare, "Theron."

"Better," He smiled, pleased.

Holy shit, his smile was effervescent. The man had mastered everything in life simply from existing, lucky asshole.