Chapter 8

My body was frozen still, staring into the empty eyes of the predator who'd inflicted so much suffering onto me.

Jason.

He smiled kindly at Tory, exchanging a few laughs. The woman nodded at his words, sending me reassuring glances. I didn't know what my expression looked like as I wished Theron had been scheduled with me this morning. The friends walked towards me from Tory's office.

She looked at me, oblivious, "Jason told me everything that's going on. Don't worry about work today, okay? Just get home."

The man had obviously lied to Tory, she would t have reacted this way otherwise. Jason already held my bag. In any other situation, I would have ran. But that bag had my last two weeks of pay inside it and I couldn't afford to give it away.

"Thank you, dear." Jason's eyes were soft, praising Tory for her generous act.

I focused on my breathing when Jason's hand guided my back out of the restaurant, falling lower once we were out of sight. Shit shit shit, I should have just told Tory the truth. I should have. But I didn't want to ruin her perception of a man she clearly looked up to, he was fatherly with her. I would feel guilty for shattering that, and even then, who's to say Tory would believe me?

"Sweetie," Jason's voice was deceptively soft, locking me in the car. "You know how I feel about you leaving the house without explanation."

He turned the keys in the ignition, driving in an unfamiliar direction.

"Yeah, I was busy with work and I just finished exams. So I forgot to tell you where I would be." I lied, even though it was pointless.

"Where was that?" He questioned. I looked to him in confusion, feigning innocence but the man's patience was thin to begin with. "Where you were, sweetie? I checked the homeless shelters, bus stops, playgrounds, bridges, and not once did I see you there."

I pressed my lips together in defiance. I wasn't going to tell Jason where I had been these past couple weeks. I would be putting Theron in harms way. We drove through a hidden trail that branched off into the forest, vehicle bumping with each divot beneath it.

"You know how worried I can get," he slowed the car, shifting the gear to park. I flinched back when the predator opened the compartment in front of my knees, revealing zip-ties. I stayed quiet because maybe he was going to fix something in his car with the tool or I don't know, anything but tie my wrists to the seat above my head. I was wrong. My arms tensed as he lifted them, clasping it tightly around my skin and the chair. He pulled a lever and my chair flung back, I nearly laid flat.

"I—I, Jason, I can't do this. I don't need to be tied up. Please." I panicked in a whisper, "We can go home and live together. But you can't keep... you can't keep touching me." My heart was thumping hard, blood vibrating in my veins as I tugged on the restraints.

"Sweetie," His voice was scornful, "I have never been unkind to you, don't give me a reason to start now. You know I care for you, you know that."

I kicked my legs as Jason's chalky fingers slid down my pants, then underwear, hastily.

"I haven't seen you fight like this since when we first met." His eyes sparked with sick amusement. Jason lifted my top, unclasping my bra and revealing my chest. My nipples hardened from the sudden temperature change. "You're not so innocent anymore. Someone else has been touching you." He belched a laugh, "Did you run away with a boy?"